Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB with Bad Reflux - Asking Parents About It
Unregistered 10:30 AM 08-19-2015
I have a 6m old DCB with reflux. It wasn't that bad at first when I first started taking care of him when he was 3m but it has steadily gotten worse. DCM/D don't take much time to talk to me at the end of the day b/c they are changing out for work and need to leave ASAP.

DCB has figured out how to roll onto his stomach which makes him spit up even more and he rubs his face all over in it. It gets into his eyes, up his nose! Nasty stuff. Doing my best to clean DCB up but he keeps on getting worse. I decided to text DCM about it but I'm afraid they might take it the wrong way so wanted to run it by you guys first before hitting send:

"Hey there, DCB is having a rough day. He has figured out how to roll onto his tummy but then he gets sick and rolls his face in it. I've been cleaning him up as best as I can. Has he been to the Dr. recently? I'm a little concerned because it is so much so often."
Michael 02:24 PM 08-19-2015
More threads on Reflux: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=reflux
CalCare 03:00 PM 08-19-2015
It's probably a little late, but it seems like parents take info like that better if I ask them about it first and then say my experience of it. like, 'So, have you noticed more reflux with Johnny? When he's lying down? Or right after he eats...?' then, maybe mom will say yes, no, well, last night, blah blah blah. And then you could say what your experience has been and ask if the doctor made any recommendations on what to do to help him. Then she would think on her own: oh I should ask the doctor... IDK just a thought, it's the same conversation either way!... DId you send the text already anyway? I thought it sounded fine anyway. Just some parents might stress, as you know. "What does she mean 'so much, so often!!!'
Unregistered 03:24 PM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by CalCare:
It's probably a little late, but it seems like parents take info like that better if I ask them about it first and then say my experience of it. like, 'So, have you noticed more reflux with Johnny? When he's lying down? Or right after he eats...?' then, maybe mom will say yes, no, well, last night, blah blah blah. And then you could say what your experience has been and ask if the doctor made any recommendations on what to do to help him. Then she would think on her own: oh I should ask the doctor... IDK just a thought, it's the same conversation either way!... DId you send the text already anyway? I thought it sounded fine anyway. Just some parents might stress, as you know. "What does she mean 'so much, so often!!!'
Thank you, I had already sent the text but DCM knows the situation already and that its been getting worse, this was just the first time it was this bad at daycare. DCM did respond saying that "Dr. felt everything was OK since DCB is gaining weight otherwise" I have suggested that the Dr. just might not be taking the complaints serious since every parent thinks their child is "sick" all the time but this kid is literally HUNGRY all the time because he spits up just about everything he eats. All. Day. Long! I asked DCM if it was ok if I took pictures/vids of just how much and how often to send to her cell to show the Dr. later and she said "Yes, pls do!"
Leigh 08:17 PM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you, I had already sent the text but DCM knows the situation already and that its been getting worse, this was just the first time it was this bad at daycare. DCM did respond saying that "Dr. felt everything was OK since DCB is gaining weight otherwise" I have suggested that the Dr. just might not be taking the complaints serious since every parent thinks their child is "sick" all the time but this kid is literally HUNGRY all the time because he spits up just about everything he eats. All. Day. Long! I asked DCM if it was ok if I took pictures/vids of just how much and how often to send to her cell to show the Dr. later and she said "Yes, pls do!"
Every kid I have had that was diagnosed with reflux has had a milk allergy and done well on soy (after trying several other formulas). I'm not saying this is the case here, but it's certainly worth a try. If DCB is breastfed, maybe mom could try cutting out dairy or try soy formula for a week and see how it goes.
daycarediva 04:35 AM 08-20-2015
Is he on meds for the reflux? Is it possible his dose needs adjusting as he has grown?
Unregistered 12:26 PM 08-20-2015
Not on meds, as I already said the Dr. doesn't believe DCB needs them. Not breastfeeding and is on Soy formula already because of the reflux. I'm still thinking the Dr. just doesn't believe how bad it is. Spoke with DCM last night and she is going to get a second opinion.
Tags:reflux
Reply Up