Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>copying kids
mamamanda 07:16 AM 08-24-2015
I have a 5 yo who refuses to make her own decisions, but then complains about the decision. At breakfast I asked the kids if they wanted honey or jelly on their toast. She said jelly. Then the others all wanted honey so she changed & wanted honey. During school we put a star on our personal calendars to show our attendance each day. She refuses to choose a color until so and do chooses. Then she wants what he has. If he changes his mind 3 times she does as well. Its like this with everything, yet oddly enough she complains about everything if I don't give her a choice. I made placemats for the kids out of bird material. She was upset I didn't make her a princess one. It wasn't optional, I made the choice on those, but even if I would have made her a princess one I know she would have been mad that she didn't get a bird to match the others. Its like this with everything. Its not a huge deal, just terribly annoying & Ds is getting frustrated b/c she copies him the most. Today she tried to take his mat during quiet activity time b/c that's the one he chose. She wants anything he picks. Obviously I don't let her take from others, but would you make a big deal out of it or just let it go? She's very insecure & is the one who constantly asks for compliments & seeks praise. I'd like to find a way to boost her self esteem & catering to her is definitely not the key. Just not sure how.
Reply Up