Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Care Assistance
Leigh 01:02 PM 08-26-2015
I have a new client who is on assistance. Her child is full-time (she works full-time), 9.5 hours per day. She brings home about $1650 a month, which includes her child support. She has 2 children (one is SA). CCA is giving her $148 a month in assistance. This just doesn't sound right to me. Nearly every other assistance kid I have had has had all their hours covered (still a copay because they don't reimburse my full rate, but nothing like they're asking this poor girl to pay now). She's getting NO support for the SA, too. I'm just wondering if she should try to appeal her award, or if this seems right to all of you.
Controlled Chaos 03:09 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have a new client who is on assistance. Her child is full-time (she works full-time), 9.5 hours per day. She brings home about $1650 a month, which includes her child support. She has 2 children (one is SA). CCA is giving her $148 a month in assistance. This just doesn't sound right to me. Nearly every other assistance kid I have had has had all their hours covered (still a copay because they don't reimburse my full rate, but nothing like they're asking this poor girl to pay now). She's getting NO support for the SA, too. I'm just wondering if she should try to appeal her award, or if this seems right to all of you.
Maybe she has assets? I don't know. Is she separated but not officially divorced? So many things go into the equation. My one family on assistance has her amount change every month. She got a tiny raise and her assistance cut in half.
Blackcat31 03:22 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
In my state they count awarded child support as income even if the non-custodial parent is not actually paying it. The state feels they will eventually get it so....

Also they count assets in some cases as well as the parents "ability to earn" not always what they actually earn.
Leigh 05:24 PM 08-26-2015
I'm certain she has zero assets. Both of the kids' dads have ruined her. Perhaps they are including what dad #1 should be paying, but since he left the country, that's never going to happen. I feel so bad for her. I know that she works her butt off to take care of these kids, and tries her best. I get so angry when those gaming the system have it all when those trying so hard are the ones who get nothing or not enough.
Thriftylady 04:50 AM 08-27-2015
This is what makes me so mad about when people lie to get benefits/more benefits. And sadly I know to many that do. I have one neighbor mad at the state right now even though they are getting housing assistance, utility assistance and food stamps. One of the sisters works, they other in the house gets food stamps because they say they don't share food. Then the kids and three grandkids moved in and both of the parents of the kids were getting food stamps but went to jail. Now the neighbor (grandmother) is mad that the jailbirds food stamps got cut off and she has to wait for the grandkids to be put on her card, even though they lied about the number of people living there and getting the food stamps. It is these kids of people that milk the system of money and then there isn't enough to go to the people who are really trying.
Reply Up