Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transition from Summer Clients to Winter Clients
Pepperth 11:15 AM 08-20-2015
Hi all,
I am trying to figure out the best way to do this as it is my first summer open. With school starting soon, I will be transition back from my summer clients to my teachers children. I've taken the Thursday and Friday off before school starts to spend time with my own son before he starts kindergarten. The Wednesday is what is in question. I've put my foot in my mouth. Because I am off those two days, a client who is normally not scheduled for Wednesday asked if she can squeeze in there, but never really confirmed it. Meanwhile, I have a teacher who wants her son back a day or two to transition back into care. Just looking at my calendar I mentioned that was about the only day I had open that week. So essentially, I promised the spot that day to two people. I'd rather have the teacher's child in care for the day so that he gets back into daycare mode, but I don't want to back out of a promised spot either. What should I do and how should I say it?
Second Home 11:24 AM 08-20-2015
I always ask for additional days to be requested in writing ( and dated ) that way the first to submit a request can have the spot . That is if I want to take an additional child that day .
daycarediva 11:28 AM 08-20-2015
"dcm I apologize but I spoke too soon and Wednesday is not available for care."

somebody has to be let down. It's always a challenge for me to get clients out/in without overlapping and annoying anyone. This year I 'let go' my kids leaving 8/31 and I'm not starting my new kids until 9/2.
Pepperth 11:37 AM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
"dcm I apologize but I spoke too soon and Wednesday is not available for care."

somebody has to be let down. It's always a challenge for me to get clients out/in without overlapping and annoying anyone. This year I 'let go' my kids leaving 8/31 and I'm not starting my new kids until 9/2.
Thanks! I like the way that is worded. I thought I was avoiding this situation by closing Thursday and Friday before school
Tags:transition, transition summer - winter
Reply Up