Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Before you know it
Josiegirl 03:45 AM 10-04-2015
We'll all be Christmas shopping for these lil angels. Have you given thought to what you'll be doing?
We had a book swap last year which the kids enjoyed. I gave them all a book and when Santa visited our party, depending on their age, they either received a cute animal backpack or a game.
I'm sure there will be a book for each this Christmas too but that's where my ideas stop.

(sorry for bringing Christmas up already, must've been the Jingle Bells music we were dancing to Friday)
spedmommy4 05:25 AM 10-04-2015
I like the book swap idea. I know all the kids I have enrolled already own way too many toys. I was also thinking about making a special treat to send home to each family.
Josiegirl 06:40 AM 10-04-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I like the book swap idea. I know all the kids I have enrolled already own way too many toys. I was also thinking about making a special treat to send home to each family.
All my dcks have a lot too. Grandparents and all.....
Been trying to think of something personal and special for each child but not sure what.
I try to send a homemade quick bread or plate of cookies home too. Would like something different there too. I've always made pumpkin, apple or poppyseed bread, or a plate of mixed cookies(which is too time-taking to plan on for this year). Any new ideas? Yummy recipes?

Thanks for any and all ideas!!!
sahm1225 07:13 AM 10-04-2015
I was just thinking that we need to start planning our holiday party and shopping for the daycare kiddos.
Last year, I bought them all board games (Black Friday specials). I have no idea what Im getting them this year!
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 10-04-2015
I close between Christmas and New Years.

Other than a small party on the day before my vacation, we don't do Christmas anything in my program.

I don't not like to participate in the commercial aspect of the holiday with my DCK's/families. I don't buy them gifts or have them make gifts for their families.

To me Christmas is a religious celebration and one I celebrate privately with my family.

I know several of my families celebrate the same way but I also know I have a few families that have different beliefs so its just easier and a lot less stressful for me to not to do anything in daycare in related to Christmas at all.

There are lots of good threads about Christmas and DCK's in the forum archives though so I'm sure you can find tons of good ideas and suggestions.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=christmas
Reply Up