Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attention Mac Users, Help needed with MMK
daycare 08:59 AM 10-05-2015
I just got a Imac and i can't seem to get MMK to run on it properly. I did get crossover, but only as a trial.

MMK is working so slowly that it is taking me up to 20 minutes to input information.

If I don't purchase cross over can I NOT run MMK on my Imac?

thanks for your help
LysesKids 09:34 AM 10-05-2015
My understanding was MMK worked only on Windows (according to my old Food program lady)... crossover can help, but will never fix the entire issue because essentially your computer has to run both set ups at same time. She told me not to use my Macbook Pro, but my Toshiba laptop (back up computer) if I wanted it to work
Blackcat31 09:41 AM 10-05-2015
I've heard from providers in other forum groups I am on that MMK seems to be having some issues as of late.

Several providers said they contacted their food program agencies and have been told that it is an MMK issue and that it is being worked on.

NO idea what the issues are but that is all I know.
Blackcat31 09:42 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
If I don't purchase cross over can I NOT run MMK on my Imac?
I've also read that you MUST have Crossover in order for MMK to work correctly.

One gal said she had issues the entire time she used the trial version.
Snowmom 11:49 AM 10-05-2015
I use MMK with Crossover on my Macbook Pro and have no issues.
However, I purchased Crossover 1.5 years ago and have not downloaded the last update they did about 3 months ago.
It may be because of the new updated version of Crossover is not running as smoothly with some programs.
They will probably come out with a bug fix soon. Although it's always been slow to open (but works just fine once it's open for me).
Crazy8 11:51 AM 10-05-2015
I tried to get MMK a few years ago after hearing about it here and couldn't because I have a mac. I would have thought they would have been compatible by now.
Unregistered 12:15 PM 10-05-2015
I have a Mac and was having the same problem so I ended up switching back to paper forms which is easier for me. At the last FB training I went to this past August my FB rep said the because of the problems providers who used Mac were having the food program will be switching from MMK to another program that will be compatible with both PCs and Macs without Macs having to download additional software. I'm not sure when they will be doing the switch over since we all know how quickly the federal govt works.
daycare 02:10 PM 10-05-2015
thanks ladies. great feed back from everyone.

Luckily I still have my HP desk top with MMK, but I have it set up for my assistants to use. I will just have to use it to fulfill my MMK stuff.

I hope they come out with something soon. MMK is sooooo outdated and really could use a good make over.
organicdclady 03:07 PM 10-05-2015
Crossover never worked for me. It was slow and the whole menu wouldn't load. When I downloaded the MMK program, I kept getting error message. I use the chrome browser on my macbook and found an extension called ie-on-chrome. It works perfect for MMK.
My FP told me MMK would be compatible with Mac THIS MONTH! Hopefully soon!
Reply Up