Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Start of Daycare.com?
Josiegirl 05:37 PM 07-19-2014
I was reading a few posts from 2007 and was just curious when the forums started? So many posts went unanswered or there were very few replies. It looked like it was just getting started then.
You've come a long way, baby!!
Blackcat31 05:56 PM 07-19-2014
https://www.daycare.com/management/index.html
nannyde 07:04 PM 07-19-2014
When I first read the archives here the 2007 posts were the full year. I don't know what happened to them.
Michael 12:40 AM 07-20-2014
I think in 2007 I needed to figure out how to run a forum. It was all new to me. The hurdles were unreal when it came to spammers and their p0rnography. I remember waking up one morning to check on the forum and there were dozens of p0rnographic pictures uploaded to the threads. I was mortified that someone would do that on a forum about children. It made my blood boil. I put lots of security measures in place and everything was moderated. It took me all day long to keep track of new posts that needed to go public that I had to personally review and approve. There was no immediacy to the posts and I had to figure out other ways to start the conversation amongst those that were really providers. It has taken a long time to figure it out and those that help moderate the forum are some of the biggest reasons this forum functions so well. Time does fly and I'm still here.
Josiegirl 04:11 AM 07-20-2014
Well Michael, I'm glad you persevered through all the ups and downs of starting out with it and it turned out to be what it is. Is it everything you expected?
Thanks for the link BC, interesting!
Michael 05:24 PM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Well Michael, I'm glad you persevered through all the ups and downs of starting out with it and it turned out to be what it is. Is it everything you expected?
Thanks for the link BC, interesting!
It's actually more so. Many members have expressed how helpful this forum has been over the years. I only wish I could find a way to reach out to all providers to let them know this forum is here. I can't afford a super bowl ad just yet.
Blackcat31 05:26 PM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
It's actually more so. Many members have expressed how helpful this forum has been over the years. I only wish I could find a way to reach out to all providers to let them know this forum is here. I can't afford a super bowl ad just yet.
My licensor is a member here.

She sent info about this forum to all licensed providers in our area.

It was included in the monthly newsletter as a resource for providers.
Michael 10:12 PM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My licensor is a member here.

She sent info about this forum to all licensed providers in our area.

It was included in the monthly newsletter as a resource for providers.
Wow, that's great!
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up