Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Does Anyone Use the Forum Spell Check?
Michael 05:19 PM 05-13-2011
Just wondering since I purchased if for the forum. If you don't know where it is, it is located (when writing a post) in the upper right corner above the smileys. The icon looks like ABC with a check.

To be honest I realize I don't even use it because I had forgotten about it.

(update) I just realized it is for YOUR computer and any forum YOU visit. I thought it was an application that everyone would use once I bought it. doh

PitterPatter 05:25 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Just wondering since I purchased if for the forum. If you don't know where it is, it is located (when writing a post) in the upper right corner above the smileys. The icon looks like ABC with a check.

To be honest I realize I don't even use it because I had forgotten about it.
Ahh I didn't know what that was or I would be using it. Lord knows I need it sometimes. I don't pay attention to the details. maybe I should huh. Thanks Michael I will try that.

OK I guess there aren't any errors
GretasLittleFriends 05:33 PM 05-13-2011
Usually if I type something wrong it's underlined with a red squiggly line. I then right click and find the right spelling. I don't see a spell check button where you described. (I use firefox, not sure if that makes a difference...)
Michael 05:34 PM 05-13-2011
I just realized it is for YOUR computer and any forum YOU visit. I thought it was an application that everyone would use once I bought it. doh
momofsix 06:35 PM 05-13-2011
Thanks Michael, for not deleting your post when you found out your mistake and letting us know about your goof...I think you're just tryihng to make us not feel not quite so stupid and computer illiterate though
daycare 07:07 PM 05-13-2011
I saw it on day one, but it wont open up when I try to use it....so I always have a ton of words spelled wrong
Kaddidle Care 08:24 PM 05-13-2011
I didn't know you had it. OK tried it out and it wants you to download. No thanks.
Abigail 04:15 PM 05-14-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I didn't know you had it. OK tried it out and it wants you to download. No thanks.
Same thing here so I take my chances as looking uneducated or else I copy/paste into an email or word and do spell check and copy/paste it back into the site.
Cat Herder 08:53 AM 05-15-2011
I use it all the time, but I don't have spell check on any other forum I visit

My Webroot program ate my other windows spell check program. I don't know how to make the program spit spell check back out.... Even after trying to download it again..

I just use yours, now.
littlemonkeys 03:26 PM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Same thing here so I take my chances as looking uneducated or else I copy/paste into an email or word and do spell check and copy/paste it back into the site.
Same here!! I hate when I miss spell words, so I usually copy/paste into a word doc first.
emosks 04:27 AM 05-16-2011
I use Mozilla/Firefox and it spell checks for you.
squareone 05:25 AM 05-16-2011
I am aware that it's there but was never able to get the download to work.
Tags:forum question, grammar, spelling
Reply Up