Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part time child crying for mom all day!
Unregistered 10:04 AM 09-10-2009
I just started a little girl a month ago who will be 2 next week. She has never been in a daycare, so I knew the adjustment would be a hard one, I just didn't realize it would take this long and I am not sure how to help her through this! She cries ALL day for mama. Her mother told me today that the little girl said she doesn't like it here! Which made me feel terrible because I have been trying everything to make this little girl have fun and love comming here and she made me feel like I do nothing for her child!! She hangs at my hip and hands me toys, she has no self entertaining skills and doesn't know how to stand up for herself! It makes for some very long long days and I guess I am just looking for some advice! Thanks
mrs.meg 11:52 AM 09-10-2009
I really do not think that she doesn't like it there, it sounds like her parents have spoiled her and she does not know how to play independently. One of the boys I watch does have this problem because he thinks he has to be entertained by an adult. It just takes time. The best thing to do is to show her how to play. I get down with him and we begin an activity. I say, go find a toy and he gets something and I show him how to play, then I say "I'm going to do this, you play for a few minutes. We started out just a few minutes at a time, then work our way up. Puzzles and blocks are good starters. She has to learn to interact with other children and the more she is hanging on you, the less she is learning to do it. Some parents make it so much harder than it is!
Reply Up