Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Switching From Open/Close Times To Contracted Hours
Kim 06:43 AM 05-15-2012
I'm thinking of switching from open/close times to contracted hours. Right now I am open 7-5:30. I want to close at 5pm so I can have more time with my own family, especially since my own kids are getting older are will be starting after school activities next school year. Right now I have all but one family that would be able to get here by 5pm. I have lots of families that could be here by 4:30 or earlier but take advantage and keep them here until 5:30 because they know I'm open until then. Right now my contract just has my open close times so if I change my closing time and switch to contracted times I will have everyone sign a new contract. Does anyone have a contract they would be willing to share that is for contracted hours? How do you word it?
MarinaVanessa 07:32 AM 05-15-2012
Here's what I have in my contract about scheduled hours:

1) Hours of Care
a) The parties to this agreement have agreed that care provided for the child will be for:
( ) Full Time: Full-time care is defined as a maximum of fifty (50) hours a week and a maximum of ten (10) hours per day.
( ) Part Time: Part-time care is defined as a maximum of twenty-nine (29) hours per week and a maximum of ten (10) hours per day.
b) The parties to this agreement have agreed to the following schedule of care:
 Monday Hours __________ [AM/PM] to __________ [AM/PM]
 Tuesday Hours __________ [AM/PM] to __________ [AM/PM]
 Wednesday Hours __________ [AM/PM] to __________ [AM/PM]
 Thursday Hours __________ [AM/PM] to __________ [AM/PM]
 Friday Hours __________ [AM/PM] to __________ [AM/PM]
Note: _________________________________________________________________
c) No child will be accepted earlier or later than the scheduled hours of care unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon by the provider. Late arrivals do not allow for late pick-ups.
momma2girls 10:17 AM 05-15-2012
I have contracted times only- for work and commute only
DaisyMamma 10:51 AM 05-15-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
I have contracted times only- for work and commute only
same here.
Kim 06:10 AM 05-18-2012
Thanks! I am thinking about giving everyone new contracts for the fall with contracted times. It's not the norm in my area so I'm not sure how well it will go over. I'm getting frustrated with parents being finished with work and not picking up until 5:30 just because they know that's my closing time. Yesterday for instance- I had one child left from 4 until 5:20 when her mom came. Her mom was done at work at 3:30. I could have been done for the day at 4 had her mom come straight from work.
momofboys 06:21 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by Kim:
Thanks! I am thinking about giving everyone new contracts for the fall with contracted times. It's not the norm in my area so I'm not sure how well it will go over. I'm getting frustrated with parents being finished with work and not picking up until 5:30 just because they know that's my closing time. Yesterday for instance- I had one child left from 4 until 5:20 when her mom came. Her mom was done at work at 3:30. I could have been done for the day at 4 had her mom come straight from work.
I'd give them some time to get used to the idea & make sure you allow enough time for them to get to & from work but not too much time that they go shopping everyday before pick-up. I do contracted hours & I think it is best, I personally don't want to have someone else's kids while they are home cleaning or gardening. Every once in a while is okay but if they can come earlier they should! IS there a way you can soften the blow? Possibly do what NannyDe does & make their price based on the pick-up time - the earlier your contracted pick-up time the less you pay?
Tags:contracted hours, hours of operation
Reply Up