Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Business Pages
nanglgrl 08:48 PM 08-30-2013
A while back we posted links to our Facebook business pages and I just wanted to say how much I love seeing the stuff other providers do pop up on my newsfeed. I love mountain top daycare (not sure who the member is on here though!) and all of the other daycare business pages I liked.
I wish I could think of all of the daycare names that pop up in my newsfeed so I could tell you all how much you rock!
Does anyone else have a business page I can like?
Maria2013 04:08 AM 08-31-2013
I don't have a fb account, sorry
jessrlee 08:14 AM 08-31-2013
FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lovab...20063551361410
jessrlee 08:16 AM 08-31-2013
How do you guys get your parents to write recommendations? Our parents love our program but they are busy when they get home I think and forget
Patches 08:19 AM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
A while back we posted links to our Facebook business pages and I just wanted to say how much I love seeing the stuff other providers do pop up on my newsfeed. I love mountain top daycare (not sure who the member is on here though!) and all of the other daycare business pages I liked.
I wish I could think of all of the daycare names that pop up in my newsfeed so I could tell you all how much you rock!
Does anyone else have a business page I can like?
PM'ed you
Patches 08:20 AM 08-31-2013
If anybody wants mine, I can message a link to you
Familycare71 08:40 AM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Me!
Cradle2crayons 09:31 AM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Me!
Me!!!!!
Lyss 09:57 AM 08-31-2013
I seeing everyone's too. Its neat to see what other people are up too and get ideas!

I need to update mine a bit more but I always forget to take pictures without the kids fully in them
Brooksie 10:44 AM 08-31-2013
https://www.facebook.com/wherechildrengrow That's us!

Patches, if I don't already have yours Id love to see! I know I've liked a lot of the pages of forum members but its hard to know who is who. I love looking at all the other pages and see what everyone is up to
Stepping 10:52 AM 08-31-2013
https://www.facebook.com/SteppingSto...ySchool?ref=hl

I will get on fb and like some of your pages now. Always looking for new ideas to do with the kiddos.
MsLaura529 11:02 AM 08-31-2013
I always forget to check out my newsfeed from my actual business page ... I will have to start doing that more often.

www.facebook.com/misslaurashomedaycare is mine

Patches - can I have a link, too please
Familycare71 12:58 PM 08-31-2013
I love seeing pages of other providers! If you have one and don't want to post please mess it to me
And if you want mine let me know and ill mess it to you.
PitterPatter 05:20 PM 08-31-2013
Wow everyone has such great set ups! People in my area have said that I have a great set up so I got over being shy about my daycare and started a FB for it. Now seeing everyone elses I want to delete mine!! LOL My main reason for starting the daycare on FB was so all the family members of the children could see pics of them. I always make photos albums for parents at the end of the year or send them via text here and there but the extended family like Grans and Aunts don't get that so the FB is nice that way.
Brooksie 06:23 PM 08-31-2013
I love seeing pages of other providers! If you have one and don't want to post please mess it to me
I'd love to see it if I haven't already
originalkat 06:31 PM 08-31-2013
Here is mine!
https://www.facebook.com/GreenGateEa...ookmark_t=page
itlw8 06:31 PM 08-31-2013
Here is mine I am still working on it. I am trying to put my monthly curriculum on it. Please LIKE it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koche...32959266762874
Brooksie 06:36 PM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
Here is mine I am still working on it. I am trying to put my monthly curriculum on it. Please LIKE it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koche...32959266762874
CUTE!!! I liked it
nanglgrl 01:34 AM 09-01-2013
Here's my Facebook Business page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pitte...61895507293282
Memc2001 09:24 AM 09-01-2013
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Growi...88498471217944

Please like my page. I am in the country and don't get many likes!

I love looking at everyone's pages. Good job!
spud912 11:44 AM 09-01-2013
Here's my page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Small...22586304519013

I love looking at everyone else's!
Cradle2crayons 01:20 PM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Growi...88498471217944

Please like my page. I am in the country and don't get many likes!

I love looking at everyone's pages. Good job!
Nice!! I liked yr page
Memc2001 05:17 PM 09-01-2013
Thank you! Appreciate your support!
dave4him 05:31 PM 09-01-2013
I made one but i never have time to post in it
melskids 01:23 PM 09-02-2013
Nanglgrl....I'm mountaintop daycare!

I know I haven't posted on here in FOREVER! I just popped in to snoop around a bit.
Sereetta 01:43 PM 09-02-2013
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Might...87561454640780
WImom 10:30 AM 09-03-2013
Here is mine! I don't have much on it yet. https://www.facebook.com/#!/LittleSp...arningPlaceLlc
mema 11:19 AM 09-03-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Yes please! I don't have a fb page for daycare, but love following and getting new ideas!
tjones34 06:23 AM 09-04-2013
My page is www.facebook.com/LittleMiraclesLearningCenter
TheGoodLife 10:42 AM 09-04-2013
Can you add someone to your FB business page w/o them having access to your personal, since they are connected? I've had both my new DCFs request me on FB, but I like to keep my personal stuff separate. So far i've just ignored the requests
Kim 10:48 AM 09-04-2013
I love seeing what everyone is doing and sharing ideas!
Brooksie 02:29 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by melskids:
Nanglgrl....I'm mountaintop daycare!

I know I haven't posted on here in FOREVER! I just popped in to snoop around a bit.
I LOVE seeing your stuff! I wish I could go to your daycare!
MsLaura529 06:18 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Can you add someone to your FB business page w/o them having access to your personal, since they are connected? I've had both my new DCFs request me on FB, but I like to keep my personal stuff separate. So far i've just ignored the requests
I don't have any of my DCF as friends on my personal facebook, but they have all "liked" my business page.
TheGoodLife 06:56 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I don't have any of my DCF as friends on my personal facebook, but they have all "liked" my business page.
So when they "like" your page they can follow it, but not see your personal FB account info? Mine is still a work in progress and unpublished, so I wanted to make sure I do things the right way before putting it out to the public
nanglgrl 11:10 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
So when they "like" your page they can follow it, but not see your personal FB account info? Mine is still a work in progress and unpublished, so I wanted to make sure I do things the right way before putting it out to the public
Yes this is correct. They can't see your personal page if they "like" your business page. The only way they can see your personal page is if they are your friend (or if your privacy settings are low).
nanglgrl 11:15 PM 09-04-2013
I think I've "liked" everyone's pages. What a great group of providers! I wish places like these were available when I was searching for daycare for my niece and nephew so many years ago!
Please come and "like" my page, if you do I promise to use it more! Lol.
I actually don't update my business page a lot, I also have a private Facebook group for current clients that I post on daily. I mainly use the business page for advertising.
PitterPatter 03:30 PM 09-07-2013
I have a question for those of you who have both personal and business FB pages. Obviously the business page is meant to be joined or liked but what do you do when parents and relatives of the child then request your personal page?

I never had a problem before because most clients didnt use the net but now I have reluctantly accepted some on my personal page because I didn't know what to say and didn't want to offend them. I tried speaking with 1 a couple times about new pics I was going to add and such but she ignores my messages yet is posting/updating her page at the same time. So I wonder why she added me if she doesnt want to communicate. There are no kids pics or daycare info on my personal page that's what the daycare page is for. She did "like" the page but never says anything about the pics or even likes a pic of her own kids. It just seems odd to me.
nothingwithoutjoy 11:05 AM 09-12-2013
A little slow on the uptake here, but here's mine. It hasn't got much on it yet--I'm not really a facebook user, but got convinced by this forum that it was a worthwhile way to advertise. I keep trying to remind myself to post stuff there.

I really communicate with my families through a private blog and daily emails. They are quite in-depth, and I find it difficult to post little bits on facebook; what I put there always feels superficial. Also, I'm not posting the kids' faces, for privacy, so it limits what I post.

But my parents are all younger than I am, and of course they use facebook all the time! So I felt I ought to have a presence there.

Am off to check out everyone else's for inspiration.
Square one 12:09 PM 09-12-2013
Wow! I love everyone's FB pages & "liked" them all You all have fantastic set-ups. My question is this, does anyone not have a room or rooms set up specifically for daycare? My rooms on the first floor are all utilized by the DCK and my family. So my living room looks like a living room with toys set-up during the work week, same goes for my sitting room. In my dining room, I have a kid-sized table for the DCK and then our furniture. I've never really questioned my set-up until I saw these fantastic kid-friendly rooms.

My oldest daughter just moved out and my other daughter is planning on moving within 18 months. I could at that time convert the entire second floor of my home into daycare rooms. I imagine for tax purposes this would be a wise move. Does anyone operate their business on a floor other than the main living floor?
AcornMama 12:40 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Square one:
Does anyone operate their business on a floor other than the main living floor?
Nope, not allowed to, fire hazard.

We moved all the first floor living room stuff to the upstairs bonus room and that's our family room. Our living room is dedicated to our preschool, painted and decorated for the preschoolers, but we did put in a loveseat and two small chairs. If we have friends over for dinner, we use those and pull in extra chairs from the dining room. It's not ideal, but it was the best option I had.
Square one 03:26 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
Nope, not allowed to, fire hazard. We moved all the first floor living room stuff to the upstairs bonus room and that's our family room. Our living room is dedicated to our preschool, painted and decorated for the preschoolers, but we did put in a loveseat and two small chairs. If we have friends over for dinner, we use those and pull in extra chairs from the dining room. It's not ideal, but it was the best option I had.
Good point! Since we do not have a fire escape leading off the second floor it wouldn't work here either.
But moving our living space to the vacant rooms on the second floor would work. Thanks for the idea. I agree it's not ideal but you can only work with what you have
nanglgrl 03:54 PM 09-12-2013
I use my basement. In my state I can use my basement without 2 exits if I'm a level A provider (up to 6 kids), I'm a level B (up to 12 kids) so we had to put in an egress. It was a great investment though. The basement is so much brighter and doesn't seem like a basement now!
nothingwithoutjoy 06:04 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Square one:
Wow! I love everyone's FB pages & "liked" them all You all have fantastic set-ups. My question is this, does anyone not have a room or rooms set up specifically for daycare? My rooms on the first floor are all utilized by the DCK and my family. So my living room looks like a living room with toys set-up during the work week, same goes for my sitting room. In my dining room, I have a kid-sized table for the DCK and then our furniture. I've never really questioned my set-up until I saw these fantastic kid-friendly rooms.
My program is integrated into my home. We have a "library," which doubles as the "nap room" during the week. A kitchen, where the kids eat and play (kitchen set is there, magnets, sensory-type stuff). A "sunroom," which is our living room/family room/mudroom/playroom...everything. It's pretty small, too. A few carefully selected toys beautifully displayed and baskets of books and our nature table and the kids cubbies are all in there, our main living space. Then we have a room off our kitchen which I might have set up as a playroom, but being Reggio-inspired, I chose to set it up as a studio. (It was an attached "shed" until I began doing family child care and finished it.) I've seen studio space done beautifully in an armoire in a dining room, too, though--doesn't need to be a room.

I like it this way, because I think one of the advantages of family child care is that it is not just home-like, but an actual home.
AcornMama 06:22 PM 09-12-2013
I hesitated posting my FB page as I was trying to preserve at least some anonymity and privacy. But with FB, web site, and craigslist ad, I guess it doesn't matter too much anymore.

It's fairly new and doesn't have much yet. Likes and feedback appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/oakcrestkids
nothingwithoutjoy 06:37 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
I hesitated posting my FB page as I was trying to preserve at least some anonymity and privacy. But with FB, web site, and craigslist ad, I guess it doesn't matter too much anymore.

It's fairly new and doesn't have much yet. Likes and feedback appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/oakcrestkids
What a gorgeous setting! Looking really good so far...
Tags:facebook
Reply Up