Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Sound Okay?
sahm1225 08:34 AM 01-28-2011
" In the event that your little ones clothes get soiled and we do not have a change of clothes our only option at that point would be to contact the parents for immediate pick up. "
Thanks!
lvt77 08:40 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
" In the event that your little ones clothes get soiled and we do not have a change of clothes our only option at that point would be to contact the parents for immediate pick up. "
Thanks!
I ran into this issue yesterday. I called cuz little one had no back up clothing. I told them sorry I cant have your child here with no clothing on, please come get them or bring them clothing. The parent said well why dont you have any loaners....?????????
Ugggghh
I dont know....I am in the same situation as you and not too sure if that is too harsh or not....
DEBBIES DAYCARE 08:58 AM 01-28-2011
I browse goodwill and buy little t shirts and shorts for $1.00 or .50 and keep it in a bag in the closet. If I need a set, I have it. I also use these clothes if things are going to get real messy like fingerpainting, mudpies and stuff.
I also just wash the dcks clothes in my own machine if its really stinky or dirty. I find it easier. I know these are their kids and their problem...but on a business attitude alot of parents dont want to be bothered while the kids are in our care, plain and simple and I try to accomadate it as much as possible. It is what it is.
Luna 09:12 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Thanks!
I think it's perfect. It isn't our responsibility to provide clothing for their children!
Cat Herder 09:16 AM 01-28-2011
You can just not let them in without all necessary supplies. Send them back home, with their child to get backup clothes, spare shoes and socks. It should not take long for them to step up to their responsibilities if it inconveniences them.

I have back-up everything, since it is not uncommon for "my" kids to change a few times a day, but I do not send them home in my clothes. I send them home in the spare and I wash the ones I took off the child to refill their cubby.

The only time I send home both of their outfits is when they have outgrown them. The outfit is accompanied by a bright orange note stating that they need to replace it for the following day.
CKSher 09:19 AM 01-28-2011
I used to "loan" out my son's outgrown clothing. I had a whole bin of items and none of them were ever returned to me. One family ened up with 3 complete outfits! Now I refuse to loan clothing. Parents begin to depend on my back-ups rather than bringing their own and I can't afford to keep replacing clothing all the time.
lvt77 09:21 AM 01-28-2011
Wow how do you find the time to wash their clothes while wearing your loaners?
I have in my parent Handbook that it is the parents responsibilty to make sure that their chil has enough supplies. I dont have loaner clothes, but I am thinking that I should get some. It would take more time to stop what we are doing, call the parents, get ahold of the paretns, have the child sit out naked or undressed, and then wait for the parents to come.
Maybe you could just charge a loaner outfit fee, if they don't return it...??
Blackcat31 09:24 AM 01-28-2011
I can't remember the poster or the thread but someone on here charges for clothing. They charge the family a specific amount when the "loaner" clothes get borrowed out to the family and when the clothing gets returned the charge is credited back to the family...that way if they never return the clothing atleast they paid for it.....
I used to write my last name in huge letters down the leg to discourage people form keeping them or forgetting who they belonged to but they still kept the clothes so that didnt work. Now I do like catherder and don't let them in the door if they have not brought the necessary requirements.
I liked the fee idea though...seems very logical.
AnythingsPossible 09:25 AM 01-28-2011
Keep a dress handy and send little joey home in it, bet he comes with back up clothes the following day Not really, but it would be entertaining to see the look on parents faces at pick up, but wouldn't be very nice to little joey...
I have a little girl who routinely wears little boy clothes, so not sure this idea works both ways
Again...I am only kidding!!!
lvt77 09:27 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Keep a dress handy and send little joey home in it, bet he comes with back up clothes the following day Not really, but it would be entertaining to see the look on parents faces at pick up, but wouldn't be very nice to little joey...
I have a little girl who routinely wears little boy clothes, so not sure this idea works both ways
Again...I am only kidding!!!
lmao ahahhahahahaah I love you....thanks for the laugh that was great.....
lvt77 09:29 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I can't remember the poster or the thread but someone on here charges for clothing. They charge the family a specific amount when the "loaner" clothes get borrowed out to the family and when the clothing gets returned the charge is credited back to the family...that way if they never return the clothing atleast they paid for it.....
I used to write my last name in huge letters down the leg to discourage people form keeping them or forgetting who they belonged to but they still kept the clothes so that didnt work. Now I do like catherder and don't let them in the door if they have not brought the necessary requirements.
I liked the fee idea though...seems very logical.
so I have cubby boxes that are right by my front door, I expect the parents to keep them, clean, and full of necessary items that will last their child at least a week or 2.
I dont have time to go through them each morning or even weekly, so sometimes I dont know whos out of supplies or not....??
What would you do in this case?
countrymom 09:34 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
I browse goodwill and buy little t shirts and shorts for $1.00 or .50 and keep it in a bag in the closet. If I need a set, I have it. I also use these clothes if things are going to get real messy like fingerpainting, mudpies and stuff.
I also just wash the dcks clothes in my own machine if its really stinky or dirty. I find it easier. I know these are their kids and their problem...but on a business attitude alot of parents dont want to be bothered while the kids are in our care, plain and simple and I try to accomadate it as much as possible. It is what it is.
thats what i do too, this winter I have washed many of their coats several times because they were so dirty. Its easier than trying to get everyone to bring something.
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
so I have cubby boxes that are right by my front door, I expect the parents to keep them, clean, and full of necessary items that will last their child at least a week or 2.
I dont have time to go through them each morning or even weekly, so sometimes I dont know whos out of supplies or not....??
What would you do in this case?
I guess if they have the stuff in the first place which is easy to make sure of, then I keep a mental note that we used something such as the spare set of clothing and then I write 2 sticky notes.
One for the parent that the child needs their outfit (or whatever) replaced and one sticky note for me so rememeber to check that they bring it the next day when they arrive.
I live off of Post-it notes so it is easy for me to do it that way.
Cat Herder 09:40 AM 01-28-2011
With 3 teenagers, I do laundry everyday I do family laundry during naptime, each day.

When the kids enroll they have to bring me a complete change of clothing to include shoes and socks. I then have hanes T-shirts, sweatshirts and sweat pants (all black) in sizes 12 months 3-T.

If they get filthy outside, during art or during lunch I just dress them in hanes until going home time, then I put on their own spare outfit. It is just a learned response to having to send them home in my hanes when Murphy gives them a blowout just for spite.

Each night before I go to bed all daycare laundry goes in the wash, when I get up in the morning I throw them in the dryer, and they are ready to go before the first one arrives.
lvt77 09:43 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I guess if they have the stuff in the first place which is easy to make sure of, then I keep a mental note that we used something such as the spare set of clothing and then I write 2 sticky notes.
One for the parent that the child needs their outfit (or whatever) replaced and one sticky note for me so rememeber to check that they bring it the next day when they arrive.
I live off of Post-it notes so it is easy for me to do it that way.
hmmm I am so not a sticky note person, but I do like the idea. I think I have OCD...lol I have a cleaning lady and I clean after she comes....lol so sad but true..
dEHmom 09:46 AM 01-28-2011
hmmm I am so not a sticky note person, but I do like the idea. I think I have OCD...lol I have a cleaning lady and I clean after she comes....lol so sad but true..
MY DAD CLEANED BEFORE THE MAID SERVICE CAME! it drove me nuts! I understand now that he wanted her to do the harder stuff and leave the vacuuming and dishes and such alone, so he'd do that before she got there. but still! fork out the extra 30 bucks and have her do whole house top to bottom is what i used to say! lol.
lvt77 09:51 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
MY DAD CLEANED BEFORE THE MAID SERVICE CAME! it drove me nuts! I understand now that he wanted her to do the harder stuff and leave the vacuuming and dishes and such alone, so he'd do that before she got there. but still! fork out the extra 30 bucks and have her do whole house top to bottom is what i used to say! lol.
sounds like your dad and I have something in common....lol My husband gets mad. He says he's wasiting money paying someone else to do what I am going to redo anyways....
dEHmom 09:59 AM 01-28-2011
my dad could spot a single grain of sand on the carpet. literally. he is so anal, he freezes his garbage! SERIOUS! you know little bits of food you would normally scrape into the garbage? well, he puts it in a bread bag, ties it shut and puts in the freezer. Adds to it all week, and then throws away the bag on garbage day.
He folds all his plastic bags into little tiny squares and ties the handle around it to hold it together. I never figured out how he does it, other than it takes up a lot less spaces, it's stupid. takes forever. I made myself a bag bag out of an old pair of jeans, works great!
Everything he has ever owned is still in it's original box, even things that are 50 yrs old. This makes sense to me, but his electric frying pan, the cord, goes back into the little plastic bag it was packaged in. and the lid goes back into the plastic bag it was wrapped in. EVERYTIME he uses it.
DEBBIES DAYCARE 10:15 AM 01-28-2011
I have in my parent Handbook that it is the parents responsibilty to make sure that their chil has enough supplies. I dont have loaner clothes, but I am thinking that I should get some. It would take more time to stop what we are doing, call the parents, get ahold of the paretns, have the child sit out naked or undressed, and then wait for the parents to come.
Maybe you could just charge a loaner outfit fee, if they don't return it...??
My laundry room is on the same floor as the daycare. I manage to find time to throw a load in. I dry it too! and then they have their own clothes back on so dont take my loaners. This is for the occasional blow out or messy craft. I dont find I need to do this too often.
SandeeAR 10:18 AM 01-28-2011
my dad could spot a single grain of sand on the carpet. literally. he is so anal, he freezes his garbage! SERIOUS! you know little bits of food you would normally scrape into the garbage? well, he puts it in a bread bag, ties it shut and puts in the freezer. Adds to it all week, and then throws away the bag on garbage day.
He folds all his plastic bags into little tiny squares and ties the handle around it to hold it together. I never figured out how he does it, other than it takes up a lot less spaces, it's stupid. takes forever. I made myself a bag bag out of an old pair of jeans, works great!
Everything he has ever owned is still in it's original box, even things that are 50 yrs old. This makes sense to me, but his electric frying pan, the cord, goes back into the little plastic bag it was packaged in. and the lid goes back into the plastic bag it was wrapped in. EVERYTIME he uses it.

Did he grow up in the depression? My grandmother (dad's side) and mother did and both did a LOT of those same type things.

Funny thing was, my mother made fun of my grandmother (dad's side) when they cleaned out her house for having/saving those things. She never realized she did the exact same thing.
lvt77 10:37 AM 01-28-2011
is his name leonardo? LMAO that is my father-n-law to the T...
Tags:change of clothes, change of cloths, spoiled
Reply Up