Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>May I Please See Your Chore Chart?
SunflowerMama 10:19 AM 03-22-2011
So the kids have been getting more and more responsibilities recently and I'd love to make a creative fun chore chart to change up daily.

We just started yesterday having the kids clear their own plates, rinse and put in the dishwasher and just started coming up with chores involving our new veggie garden . So those in addition to fish feeder, nap helper, meal setup, preperation, plant waterer and a list of others need a fun display.

I'd love to see your chore chart or if you have another creative way of assigning/displaying jobs I'd love any suggestions.
Blackcat31 10:24 AM 03-22-2011
If you use MMK they have a section for creating your own customized charts and certificates. You can write in any task and child's name you want.
daycare 10:30 AM 03-22-2011
I dont have a list, but this is what I ask of the kids who are able to help.

breakfast set up-
they take down the chairs from ontop the table, they then get the spoons, forks, napkins and etc. I have them count how many seats, then ask them to count the supplies they are using or will need.
Breakfast break down-
every child has to ask to be excused from the table before getting out of their seat. Once given permission they take their dishes to the trash can if necessary, then to the sink. The then come back and push in their chair. Whoever is the last person eating will assist in cleaning up the table and making sure there is no food on the floor.

We have several that you have as well, accept we have no fish any more....lol

I also have a wake up fairy which is chosen at circle time in the morning. The person who dispalys the best behavior will get chosen. They will assist in pulling out all of the mats and blankets at nap set up,as well as get to choose a book to be read. When it is time to wake up, they get to use the special fairy wand to make the wake up announcment. I don't actually allow the wake up fairy to wake up the children still sleeping, but just make an announcment.

line leader
snack helper
book keeper

I am sure I could think of more, but I don't have them written down....lol
snbauser 12:31 PM 03-22-2011
We have a helping hands chart. I don't have a picture handy. Each child has a different color hand that has their name on it. Across the top is the days of the week. Down the side is the different chores. We have:
line leader
caboose (solved the problem of the kids whining about who was last
breakfast helper
lunch helper
snack helper
door holder
weather watcher
craft helper
toy patrol
countrymom 12:43 PM 03-22-2011
when I come back, I'm going to be doing this. MGT sent me one in september when I ordered the package, and you use clothes pins with the kids names on it.
PitterPatter 04:07 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
So the kids have been getting more and more responsibilities recently and I'd love to make a creative fun chore chart to change up daily.

We just started yesterday having the kids clear their own plates, rinse and put in the dishwasher and just started coming up with chores involving our new veggie garden . So those in addition to fish feeder, nap helper, meal setup, preperation, plant waterer and a list of others need a fun display.

I'd love to see your chore chart or if you have another creative way of assigning/displaying jobs I'd love any suggestions.
I have never thought of making a chore chart.
I just clean everything up myself and prep everything myself etc. The kids do help put away the toys the play with but I always have to re-do it anyway especially the books. I only have 3 in my care tho. Ages 2, 2 1/2, and 3. I have a 9 yr old son I use to have a sticker chart with when he was a toddler. I guess I can incorporate that. I just never thought to ask the kids to do chores no matter how simple. Where is my head? lol
SunflowerMama 06:12 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by Tygerluv:
I have never thought of making a chore chart.
I just clean everything up myself and prep everything myself etc. The kids do help put away the toys the play with but I always have to re-do it anyway especially the books. I only have 3 in my care tho. Ages 2, 2 1/2, and 3. I have a 9 yr old son I use to have a sticker chart with when he was a toddler. I guess I can incorporate that. I just never thought to ask the kids to do chores no matter how simple. Where is my head? lol
The last couple of weeks I've been giving them more and more to do and it's been GREAT!! They are in a better mood because their esteem is soaring and I love it because there's less for me to take care of.

They can do it...just give them the opportunity!!
daycare 07:10 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
The last couple of weeks I've been giving them more and more to do and it's been GREAT!! They are in a better mood because their esteem is soaring and I love it because there's less for me to take care of.

They can do it...just give them the opportunity!!
I agree never to young to learn how to do chores. I make my 3.5 year old help with the cans and bottles as well as the laundry. He always says mama you proud of me becuase I clean the best of anyone....lol its so cute
dEHmom 04:33 AM 03-23-2011
i found a picture online, and it's really cool. It's popsicle sticks with the chores on them, and then the kids move the sticks out of their box into the chore can when it's done. If I can find the picture, I will add it.
dEHmom 04:34 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I agree never to young to learn how to do chores. I make my 3.5 year old help with the cans and bottles as well as the laundry. He always says mama you proud of me becuase I clean the best of anyone....lol its so cute
yep, I let my youngest feed the dogs. he's good at that.
squareone 07:33 AM 03-23-2011
Each day we have a:

flag leader (holds the flag for The Pledge)
calendar keeper
storybook chooser
snack helper
line leader
game chooser
Tags:charts, chore chart, chores
Reply Up