Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Follow Up
WImom 11:15 AM 09-09-2010
What do you do after an interview that you think went well? Do you email the potiental clients or just wait for them to call you to enroll?
DCMomOf3 11:53 AM 09-09-2010
i usually either know they are signing up at the end so give them my contract, or if I don't know I tell them I'll call the next week to verify if they want to use my daycare. I've never had to call though, they have always told me right away, or at least within a day or two.
SilverSabre25 12:45 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
i usually either know they are signing up at the end so give them my contract, or if I don't know I tell them I'll call the next week to verify if they want to use my daycare. I've never had to call though, they have always told me right away, or at least within a day or two.
Lucky...people around here aren't that considerate. If they're not using me, I never hear from them again even if I contact them again! The few times I have gotten a hold of them to ask if they've made a decision, they sound very uncomfortable telling me that they won't be using me.
TomCopeland 05:00 PM 09-09-2010
I think it's always a good idea to follow up with parents who have contacted you (by phone or after an interview) if they don't contact you. Call and say, "I'm calling to find out if you've found care yet for your child _____." If the parent says they haven't found care, say, "Is there anything else I can do to help you with your search." Then list a benefit of your program ("Johnny will enjoy our field trip next week to the zoo." Oftentimes parents start their child care search and don't stop searching without finding a provider. They get tired. They can't make up their mind. Calling back can be an opportunity to close the deal. In my trainings around the country I find that the vast majority of providers don't follow up.

If the parent says she has found care, say "I'm glad to here that. Can you tell me what was it about the program you chose that made a difference to you?" You're trying to find out what was an important benefit to the parent to help you promote your program to the next parent who calls.

Regardless of whether the parent has found care or not, end you call by saying, "Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. If you know of any other parent needing child care, I would appreciate it if you would give them my name."

You can offer these parents an incentive for passing on your name to other parents ($). The best way to promote your program is through word of mouth. Making follow-up calls costs nothing.

Tom
seashell 06:02 AM 09-10-2010
I will call a day or so later and thank them for visiting and ask if they have any further questions that I can answer for them. If they ask questions, I know they are interested. If they don't I know they're not. I can usually get an answer with that phone call.
Tags:interview, interview follow up
Reply Up