Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Power of One
Blackcat31 06:16 PM 07-10-2011
This is OT, but I posted it in the open section so unregistered members, casual lurkers and drop in readers can see that we, as providers, women, mothers, wives, sisters, friends and human beings could come together, no matter our faults or differences and be one.

In light of the rather heated debates that have occurred on this forum, there seems to be a common thread for all; No matter who is right or wrong, no matter how strict or lax we are, we all seem to have a deep passion for what we do. Although we each do it for many different reasons, we all seem to do it for that one thing.

Post ONE thing you have done in the last 7 days that required no money from you or paid to you that you did for another person, family, friend client or complete stranger.....just because.

I'd like to see how long we can keep this thread going. PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NO NEGATIVELTY!
Michael 06:19 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NO NEGATIVELTY!
Ok, I am going to leave that up to you to enforce. Did you want to include a poll?
Blackcat31 06:22 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Ok, I am going to leave that up to you to enforce. Did you want to include a poll?
I am thinking there are too many reasons since we are all so unique..to do a poll and I'm just crossing my fingers that everyone will just be nice.
PitterPatter 06:29 PM 07-10-2011
What a wonderful thread u have started! I can't wait to see all the kindness shared here! Great idea Blackcat!

I packed some food from our pantry today and gave it to a family that had none. A friend of a friend. Does that still count money from me since I already had it in my storage?

I have done this before for a client and a neighbor before as well but not recently.
MyAngels 06:21 PM 07-10-2011
I noticed my neighbor hobbling around on crutches yesterday, so I mowed her yard for her after I mowed mine. I couldn't get the stupid weed eater started, though, so I didn't get the trimming done .
PitterPatter 06:35 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I noticed my neighbor hobbling around on crutches yesterday, so I mowed her yard for her after I mowed mine. I couldn't get the stupid weed eater started, though, so I didn't get the trimming done .
That's very kindhearted!!

Can I share what someone else has done for me out of kindness?

I gave a lawnmower away to they guy I sometimes hire to cut my grass. It had been sitting in my shed for 5 years untouched and not working. He said it was just a coil and wanted to give it back. I told him to keep it and he cut my grass today for free and 2 other times so far for free as a thank u. My yard costs $20 to cut normally so I was very grateful for that! Saved $60!! He was very kind as well! I know the person u helped must be overjoyed!! I know I sure was! great job!
Meyou 02:49 AM 07-11-2011
I made dinner yesterday and brought it to friends with a new baby and 3 other kids. I prepared everything before we went and we just threw it on the bbq when we got there and ate it up. They enjoyed the company and the food without having to stress, clean their house for company, cook or go anywhere with 4 kids.
Meyou 02:49 AM 07-11-2011
PS The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay is my favorite book of all time. lol
morgan24 03:57 AM 07-11-2011
I unloaded the elderly ladies cart that was behind me at the store. She was having trouble reaching bending over and reaching into her cart.
SilverSabre25 01:48 PM 07-14-2011
I baked chocolate chip cookies for a dcm today. She miscarried a baby over the weekend, and although she was still very early in the pregnancy, I know how wanted and loved that baby was and how heartbreaking it was for her to lose it. She seemed so grateful for the cookies and hugged me and it felt so good. It felt so good just to do something small to make someone smile.
Blackcat31 02:05 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I baked chocolate chip cookies for a dcm today. She miscarried a baby over the weekend, and although she was still very early in the pregnancy, I know how wanted and loved that baby was and how heartbreaking it was for her to lose it. She seemed so grateful for the cookies and hugged me and it felt so good. It felt so good just to do something small to make someone smile.
It's always the littlest things that make the biggest impact.
grandmom 03:04 PM 07-14-2011
I volunteere at the traveling Dignity Vietnam War Memorial Wall and helped people find names of fallen soldiers on the Wall.
Cat Herder 04:12 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by grandmom:
I volunteere at the traveling Dignity Vietnam War Memorial Wall and helped people find names of fallen soldiers on the Wall.
Thank you

It is breathtaking, isn't it?

The people that you meet doing that will touch you in a way few things can.

Were the paintings on display, too??
familyschoolcare 04:20 PM 07-14-2011
I gave a disabled lady a ride to and from a doctor appointment today.
Tags:charity, community helper, giving back, positive
Reply Up