Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Parents!!! (Vent)
wdmmom 10:19 AM 09-07-2011
I just don't understand how some of these parents function fully, have a high-end job but are complete idiots!!!

I've had DCB (almost 3) since he was about 9 month old. He hadn't been in daycare prior. DCM took a year off.

Now that DCB is almost 3, DCM thought it would be a good idea to put him in preschool and said I would be responsible for transporting. (I set her straight on that one...nope, I'm not doing transportation. I used to offer it when my old assistant worked here but it didn't last long.) The new assistant doesn't have a license. I've also never offered to do drop off AND pick up!

In calling up my insurance company, I found out the cost for commercial coverage would be over $1000!

Today was DCB's first day of school. DCM stayed home to get him there on his first day and was dropped off a little bit ago.

Now the person they had authorized to do transportation fell through. DCM asked me today how much that insurance would be again!!!???

I really don't see why this kid needs 3 years of preschool in the first place when he's further ahead than another girl I watch and he's 6 months younger.

Ugh! Some people! Maybe they should have had the transportation situation figured out long before enrolling! All because they're afraid of losing $260! Are you kidding me?!
laundrymom 10:27 AM 09-07-2011
Lol. I would smile and just say sorry. I don't offer that.

Some people. Lol. Ugh. Lol

Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I just don't understand how some of these parents function fully, have a high-end job but are complete idiots!!!

I've had DCB (almost 3) since he was about 9 month old. He hadn't been in daycare prior. DCM took a year off.

Now that DCB is almost 3, DCM thought it would be a good idea to put him in preschool and said I would be responsible for transporting. (I set her straight on that one...nope, I'm not doing transportation. I used to offer it when my old assistant worked here but it didn't last long.) The new assistant doesn't have a license. I've also never offered to do drop off AND pick up!

In calling up my insurance company, I found out the cost for commercial coverage would be over $1000!

Today was DCB's first day of school. DCM stayed home to get him there on his first day and was dropped off a little bit ago.

Now the person they had authorized to do transportation fell through. DCM asked me today how much that insurance would be again!!!???

I really don't see why this kid needs 3 years of preschool in the first place when he's farther ahead than another girl I watch and he's 6 months younger.

Ugh! Some people! Maybe they should have had the transportation situation figured out long before enrolling! All because they're afraid of losing $260! Are you kidding me?!

Kaddidle Care 12:27 PM 09-07-2011
Sounds like she was trying to guilt you into doing it. I wonder if they really had another plan at all.

If it's that important to her, she'll figure it out.
wdmmom 12:31 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Sounds like she was trying to guilt you into doing it. I wonder if they really had another plan at all.

If it's that important to her, she'll figure it out.
I have no doubt they'll figure it out. Sadly, I don't see me being in the picture much after that.
Michelle 01:57 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I have no doubt they'll figure it out. Sadly, I don't see me being in the picture much after that.
The reasons why people insist on putting their babies and toddlers in preschool is because around here they have commercials that make you believe that your kids will end up in prison if you don't. They have these first 5 commercials that are ridiculous.
They even go on to say that they won't get into college if they don't go to preschool.
wdmmom 02:07 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
The reasons why people insist on putting their babies and toddlers in preschool is because around here they have commercials that make you believe that your kids will end up in prison if you don't. They have these first 5 commercials that are ridiculous.
They even go on to say that they won't get into college if they don't go to preschool.
Ridiculous! I don't know ANY child that NEEDS 3 years of preschool. One, maybe 2 but never 3.
Michelle 02:21 PM 09-07-2011
i don't know of any child that needs preschool that are already enrolled in a good daycare that does preschool!
wdmmom 02:24 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
i don't know of any child that needs preschool that are already enrolled in a good daycare that does preschool!
Now that's what I'm saying! And I provide 3 hours a week... 1 1/2 hours of individualized setting and 1 1/2 hours of group setting and I don't charge anymore than the normal weekly rate!

I also don't start until they are 3 years old.
momma2girls 06:45 AM 09-08-2011
I do the same- I start things at around the age of 2, but preschool at age 3, right along with the outside preschools.
Tags:parents - ask too much, transportation
Reply Up