Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>*I* Just Got Blamed For DCK's Sickness
sahm2three 11:28 AM 03-20-2012
Dcb had to be picked up because he was falling asleep all over and then fever spiked to 102. But I had the flu a couple weeks ago and apparently that's what this is. And now the rest of her grandkids are going to get it too, so why should she have to stay home and take care of him when this is where he got it. Fine, I will close every time someone gets sick. Is THAT what I am supposed to do?? I got the flu from a couple of the dck's and I stayed in bed and had my assistant take over when I was sick. But whatever. So tired of all responsibility being on me.
Heidi 11:42 AM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Dcb had to be picked up because he was falling asleep all over and then fever spiked to 102. But I had the flu a couple weeks ago and apparently that's what this is. And now the rest of her grandkids are going to get it too, so why should she have to stay home and take care of him when this is where he got it. Fine, I will close every time someone gets sick. Is THAT what I am supposed to do?? I got the flu from a couple of the dck's and I stayed in bed and had my assistant take over when I was sick. But whatever. So tired of all responsibility being on me.
hmmmm...yeah right...DC GMA!
SunshineMama 11:47 AM 03-20-2012
...because kids don't pick up germs anywhere else. Duh!
nannyde 11:51 AM 03-20-2012
I would just agree with her that he most likely got it from you, the other grandkids will most likely get it, and that it would be wonderful if he could stay there with you since he got it at your house. Unfortunately the state doesn't allow you to have ill children in your home while caring for well kids. Then follow with a "it's so hard to be a parent".
Ariana 12:19 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would just agree with her that he most likely got it from you, the other grandkids will most likely get it, and that it would be wonderful if he could stay there with you since he got it at your house. Unfortunately the state doesn't allow you to have ill children in your home while caring for well kids. Then follow with a "it's so hard to be a parent".
Love this!!
Kaddidle Care 05:50 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Did you let them know you had the flu? Because if you did, it's all on them for sending the child anyway.

Don't let the Turkey's get you down.
Reply Up