Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Embarrassing DCK Comment During Interview
spedmommy4 09:57 PM 04-14-2016
I have an inquisitive 3 year old boy enrolled. He persistently asks questions about everything and repeats everything he hears.

Well, today I had a late afternoon interview and he was one of only 2 kids still with me. I was chatting with the parents and attending to dcb and the dcg that were here.

A few minutes into my conversation with potential parents, dcb announced very loudly, "mommy said she would go to jail if I drank her alcohol." I am pretty sure my mouth dropped wide open.

The potential family thought it was funny so no harm done but I did mention it to dcbs mom at pick up. I learned that the alcohol in question was a glass of wine with dinner that dcb kept trying to get into because he thought it was grape juice. Being first time parents they were trying to be responsible and explain how serious it was. I think it backfired.
Rockgirl 02:35 AM 04-15-2016
Lol!!!
Play Care 02:53 AM 04-15-2016
Too Funny!

I've just decided that from now on, my first interview will be on a day I don't have kids. I find their behavior is so "off" that I realized that when I interview without kids, I usually get the client. When I interview with kids, I don't
Josiegirl 02:56 AM 04-15-2016
There was a reason Art Linkletter did that show 'Kids say the darnedest things'!!

Thriftylady 04:43 AM 04-15-2016
How funny! Fortunately, most parents understand how kids are.
racemom 04:57 AM 04-15-2016
At least he didn't say you told him that!!! Lol
sleepinghart 05:20 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I have an inquisitive 3 year old boy enrolled. He persistently asks questions about everything and repeats everything he hears.

Well, today I had a late afternoon interview and he was one of only 2 kids still with me. I was chatting with the parents and attending to dcb and the dcg that were here.

A few minutes into my conversation with potential parents, dcb announced very loudly, "mommy said she would go to jail if I drank her alcohol." I am pretty sure my mouth dropped wide open.

The potential family thought it was funny so no harm done but I did mention it to dcbs mom at pick up. I learned that the alcohol in question was a glass of wine with dinner that dcb kept trying to get into because he thought it was grape juice. Being first time parents they were trying to be responsible and explain how serious it was. I think it backfired.
~Haha! This reminds me of a commercial that I saw a lot on television a few years ago or so. I can't remember exactly what it was for, but it showed kids saying "the darndest things" at the most inappropriate times making the parents wish they had one of these, I think it was some kind of cereal/granola bar...(Quaker maybe?) to quickly shove it their mouths. Then it showed the kids about to say something embarrassing but the parents thwarted it by giving them a delicious whatever it was. Does anyone remember that commercial or what it was for? As I said before, I'm thinking it was some kind of chocolate cereal or granola bar(possibly Quaker brand), but I'm totally not sure.
DaveA 05:31 AM 04-15-2016
Oopsie. I don't ever do interviews with DCKs present. It's like a challenge for them to see who can do or say the wildest crap.
spedmommy4 06:38 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Oopsie. I don't ever do interviews with DCKs present. It's like a challenge for them to see who can do or say the wildest crap.
Yes. My assistant/co-teacher was scheduled to be here for me but she called in sick. I thought to myself, "Only two or three of my well behaved kiddos will be here. What's the worst that could happen?" Ha!
Josiegirl 10:27 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Yes. My assistant/co-teacher was scheduled to be here for me but she called in sick. I thought to myself, "Only two or three of my well behaved kiddos will be here. What's the worst that could happen?" Ha!

Well there ya go! Whenever you ask yourself 'what's the worst that can happen', you're always bound to find out. But I'm pretty sure that isn't the worst that could have happened. This didn't happen during an interview but one morning at drop off, a dcb(maybe 5 at the time?) was greeting 2 sisters at the door, with their mom. He pipes up and says 'Hey, watch this!' We all look at him as he proceeds to pull his pants and underwear down.
daycarediva 10:30 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

The last interview I attempted I had a dcb swinging by door handles and getting on top of the tables/couch and jumping off.

He NEVER did that before and NEVER did that again.
Ariana 10:33 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

The last interview I attempted I had a dcb swinging by door handles and getting on top of the tables/couch and jumping off.

He NEVER did that before and NEVER did that again.
This always happens to me too! My own kids start acting up too. They know you are being fake nice and they can take advantage that's why!!
Unregistered 03:44 PM 04-17-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
This always happens to me too! My own kids start acting up too. They know you are being fake nice and they can take advantage that's why!!
This is is why I don't do interviews when kids are here or tours. They love to lie or act up. They'd always make a mess when other adults are here. One year, I had summer kids who were older and a potential family was touring. I tried to play down the ages and the little boy said he was 12 when he was really 8. He was tall for his age. To top it off, he was bad all summer. This is why I don't take school agers, either.
Mandy 05:42 AM 04-18-2016
Originally Posted by sleepinghart:
~Haha! This reminds me of a commercial that I saw a lot on television a few years ago or so. I can't remember exactly what it was for, but it showed kids saying "the darndest things" at the most inappropriate times making the parents wish they had one of these, I think it was some kind of cereal/granola bar...(Quaker maybe?) to quickly shove it their mouths. Then it showed the kids about to say something embarrassing but the parents thwarted it by giving them a delicious whatever it was. Does anyone remember that commercial or what it was for? As I said before, I'm thinking it was some kind of chocolate cereal or granola bar(possibly Quaker brand), but I'm totally not sure.
Forgive me for jumping in . I found the commercial on youtube . I should have looked to see if links were allowed, but this was too good not to post .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27A...mQS75wDJ2eypbg
sleepinghart 06:13 AM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Mandy:
Forgive me for jumping in . I found the commercial on youtube . I should have looked to see if links were allowed, but this was too good not to post .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27A...mQS75wDJ2eypbg
~OMGosh!! Thank you! Thank you so much for finding it! ..And yes, that is it...that is the one I was talking about, and it looks like I was correct about it being a Quaker product...It was 'Quaker Chewy Granola Bars' to be exact. ..One of my all time favorite commercials and still so funny after all this time! ~Thank you so much again!
Tags:embarrassing, interview - circus, interview - embarrassing, kids say the strangest things
Reply Up