Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Makes You're Daycare "Mean"
Jazzii 07:56 PM 12-25-2016
Just for fun, what are those policies that parenta love to hate and claim "XYZ never needed this"

For me it would have to be:

For weekend parents (we are open 7 days a week from 6-11 pm) we need to know a week in advanced what time you will be dropping off and picking up your child for staffing purposes (we are a staff of 5)

If you're child is not usually here for dinner and you do not call at least 30 min before dinner time to say your child needs to eat they will not be served dinner.

The late fee is 20$ per 15 minutes because we've had parents take advantage. One mom called, asked I she could pick her child up at 8 instead of 530ish we said no, and she did it anyway. She was paying for a full time spot (40hrs plus 1 hr travel) so she didn't understand the problem- she was charged a 240$ late fee. She pulled after that.

Bed time here is at 8. No I will not keep your 14 month old up until 1030 while they're falling asleep...
BumbleBee 08:34 PM 12-25-2016
Top 2 are sick policy and mealtime cutoff's.

Sick policy is due to an automatic 48 hr exclusion after vomiting. It was 24 hrs symptom free but people were taking advantage and sending their kids back looking like h*ll.

Mealtime cutoff speaks for itself. Ex: Breakfast cutoff is 8:15, meaning if your child arrives later then 8:15, I won't be feeding them breakfast. Had a family consistently drop off at 8:35 having not fed their kids bc they 'didn't have time.' They had 2 kids, I have 12, but apparently I had time.
Meeko 10:10 AM 12-26-2016
If parents arrive after the breakfast cut off time....it's not their fault....I'm just trying to starve their child....

Excluding their sick child is just me being difficult. After all...they MUST have gotten it here.....you know...considering that THEIR homes, family, churches, stores, friends, neighbors, air they breathe etc are all TOTALLY germ-free...

No toys from home....doesn't that rule only apply to everyone else's child?

"But why won't you watch Snowflake without payment? I thought you LIKED my children? You're just after my money! It's not like you have to make a living or anything!"
midaycare 10:18 AM 12-26-2016
Breakfast cutoff and automatic payment. If you pay in cash, you pay late fees for every day late, and I stick by it.
Mad_Pistachio 12:21 PM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:
It's not like you have to make a living or anything!
someone actually said that?
midaycare 01:50 PM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
someone actually said that?
I have actually had people infer that I should wait to get paid and accept late payment because I don't "need" the money.

We don't go around bragging, but we don't. The reason we don't is because we are frugally wise where it counts. We have one nice vehicle and one beater, etc. Only 2 tvs, we buy furniture off of garage sale sites and Craigslist (2 big dogs, 2 cats...)

If we made different choices we would "need" the money. The fact that I'm not stressed out about money means I don't deserve it and should help out those who made bad choices, right??
Mad_Pistachio 02:41 PM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have actually had people infer that I should wait to get paid and accept late payment because I don't "need" the money.

We don't go around bragging, but we don't. The reason we don't is because we are frugally wise where it counts. We have one nice vehicle and one beater, etc. Only 2 tvs, we buy furniture off of garage sale sites and Craigslist (2 big dogs, 2 cats...)

If we made different choices we would "need" the money. The fact that I'm not stressed out about money means I don't deserve it and should help out those who made bad choices, right??
I once was interviewed for a nanny position in a pretty wealthy family. after 4 (four!) different interviews, all for the same family, I was freaked out about them being anal and pretty much bailed out last second (read: I told them what I thought and was kicked out). one of the accusations thrown at me was "all you need is money." well, yeah, what did you think? if I didn't need money, you wouldn't be intervewing me.
in a few months, one of my former bosses god a hold of me, and when we talked, I told him briefly about my experience. he asked, "what does Mom do?" I answered, and he said, "okay. does she do it for free? I seriously doubt that. so, why would she short-change you?"
I don't work, but if I do, I get paid for it. last client who hasn't paid was blocked in my phone with no way back. why would I expect someone taking care of my child to do it for free if they never signed up to volunteer? (Sunday School teachers are another story, we sign volunteer forms for that.)
by the way, I need the money, but I don't look a whole lot of stressed out about it. they won't put it into my coffin.
finsup 07:44 PM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:

Us too!! This money goes to paying down medicial debt faster but we could get by with just my husband's income. We're careful with money, pay cash for our one car, no fancy phones, no cable etc but so many think "oh you can afford to live on the water with just one income, you don't really need to be paid for this..." Yeah people, trust me, when this debt is gone, I will be done, but until then, I don't work for free.

Anyways, charging for services, not willing to do pay by the day, excluding sick kids, refusing to baby children..That's my list
Tags:daycare environment, mean child, mean teacher
Reply Up