Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So This Is Fun......
tenderhearts 07:41 AM 01-11-2011
removing my 10 mo old dcg across the room every few seconds. I mentioned this before. She keeps grabbing, scratching, pulling him down, pulling his hair, taking toys away from my almost 12 mo old dcb. I never knew a baby could be so aggressive....or at least I've never had one this way. She's an awesome little girl but she sure can be mean......
LaLa 05:03 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
removing my 10 mo old dcg across the room every few seconds. I mentioned this before. She keeps grabbing, scratching, pulling him down, pulling his hair, taking toys away from my almost 12 mo old dcb. I never knew a baby could be so aggressive....or at least I've never had one this way. She's an awesome little girl but she sure can be mean......
She's probably seeing this at home. I had someone come over to get something I had sold on cl and her 2 year old attacked my 3 year old little girl. She had her by the face with her claws!
tenderhearts 07:50 PM 01-11-2011
She has no siblings and I don't even think they have any friends with kids so she's alone. I feel bad for the dcb cuz he just sits there and looks at her, or he'll cry if she really gets him good before I pull her away. After about the
20th time telling her firmly no or gentle and putting her across the room, she didn't do it for awhile. I'm sure tomorrow will be a whole other day
laundrymom 08:46 AM 01-12-2011
She has no siblings and I don't even think they have any friends with kids so she's alone. I feel bad for the dcb cuz he just sits there and looks at her, or he'll cry if she really gets him good before I pull her away. After about the
20th time telling her firmly no or gentle and putting her across the room, she didn't do it for awhile. I'm sure tomorrow will be a whole other day
id seperate them, pnp her the moment she grabs him, quickly, firmly, and then go play with the victim. give her about a min, then get her out, rinse and repeat,... lengthening the time she is sitting in pnp, no more than 2 to 3 min though,...

its not time out, but she will figure out that her game, thats what it is, its a game, to get attention from you she grabs her playmate, same as throwing food from the highchair,.. they throw, you pick up, they throw you pick up. she grabs, you pick up, she grabs, you carry her for a minute, so plop her in a pnp,.. give the other child some attention,.. then let her mess up again.,.... and retrain her to think grabbing, hitting, whatever,.. means, no attention from you., and dont talk to her when you carry her, just firmly pick her up, dont talk to her, dont cuddle her, just put her in pnp, then play with the other kid. it will take a few days,.. but it will be worth it.
mickey2 09:50 AM 01-12-2011
A baby that young is not being aggressive.

My baby grandson was very bad at this just 2 months ago when I first started caring for him. With patience a lot of redirection he is so much better.

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articl...r_pulling.html
Unregistered 06:07 PM 01-12-2011
She is only 10 months old and is just trying to play with him. She is only a baby still and doesn't know what she is really doing, except in her mind, she wants to play with him. I understand how frustrating it can be, but that is what she is doing. Try just putting her in the pnp with some toys for her to play with for just a few hours during the day and then she can play all she wants with those toys and then take her out to play with the other dcb and just let them play together and let them be. She is so young yet to really know what she is doing and how to play with another child yet.The other child will figure out how to play with her and if then still can't play nicely, the pnp can be used for a longer period of time. She is just starting to learn things and you have to have some patience with her. They both are so young yet and need to learn how to play with others, hard lessons to learn for kids, but they need to figure somethings out for themselves on how to play. Does this make any sense, I'm not trying to criticize, just give a glimpse of what a 10 month old is maybe thinking.
Tags:aggressive behavior, bully, mean child
Reply Up