Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Admire You Brave Providers
Michelle 03:54 PM 12-29-2015
We just recently came back from a ski trip in our local mountains and it snowed while we were there.
We were so excited all night and couldn't wait to get to the slopes but we woke up to our van covered in snow and ice.
So, after a big nerdy snow fight, we borrowed a scraper thing from the office. Then an hour later we were on our way.
How on earth do you do it?
Now, I know it shouldn't take an hour but we are surfers, not ice scrapers!
I just have to say, I really admire you guys that live in the snow states.
midaycare 04:30 PM 12-29-2015
After a few years, you either get used to it and it becomes part of life, or you move away.
e.j. 03:14 PM 12-30-2015
I have a husband and two grown kids who do most of the ice scraping for me. My husband just cleaned off a coating of ice from my car windshield that was about an inch thick this morning. I my husband!
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I have a husband and two grown kids who do most of the ice scraping for me. My husband just cleaned off a coating of ice from my car windshield that was about an inch thick this morning. I my husband!
UGH that is the worst! I don't mind it most of the time and we had been very spoiled this year with no snow until yesterday; crappy weather including sleet, snow, you name it, all day.
Ariana 04:23 PM 12-30-2015
I park in my nice warm garage
e.j. 07:45 AM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
UGH that is the worst! I don't mind it most of the time and we had been very spoiled this year with no snow until yesterday; crappy weather including sleet, snow, you name it, all day.
Yeah, we had mostly sleet and ice raining down on us Tuesday. It was a harsh reminder that we shouldn't get used to the sunny and almost 70 degree weather we had on Christmas day. We've definitely been very spoiled this year - up til now!
Sunshine74 10:20 AM 12-31-2015
I am very sincerely hoping for ice and snow- soon! I don't mind scraping and brushing off the car, that's what gloves are for And I am so over cleaning the mud off the dog when he comes inside. So. Much. Mud.
laundrymom 11:17 AM 12-31-2015
I'm looking forward to a short period of frigid temps to kill everything off outside. Then we can go right back to 40degree days and 20 degree nights. Lol
Until spring of course. Then reg temps please.
Blackcat31 01:01 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I park in my nice warm garage
Me too. Both at home and at daycare.

As far as winter goes.... I winter.

As a matter of fact, I am off today and getting ready to put my snowshoes on and going for a little hike with DH around our yard (We keep approx 2 miles of groomed/mowed trails) with the dog. Its snowing light fluffy snowflakes and is about 18F degrees today.
Ariana 04:20 PM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me too. Both at home and at daycare.

As far as winter goes.... I winter.

As a matter of fact, I am off today and getting ready to put my snowshoes on and going for a little hike with DH around our yard (We keep approx 2 miles of groomed/mowed trails) with the dog. Its snowing light fluffy snowflakes and is about 18F degrees today.
Gosh that sounds like a dream!! Would love to have some acreage. Enjoy!
Pepperth 08:03 AM 01-01-2016
One thing that is nice about living where winter lasts forever is that it kind of forces you to slow down a bit. When the weather is horrendous, its a great excuse to stay inside with your family.
BumbleBee 08:24 AM 01-01-2016
I like snow but could do without this ice, sleet, freezing rain crap that we had. It's been a very mild winter so far so I can't complain to much. One of my favorite things about my house is that it has a garage. I've never had one before until I moved into this house.
Unregistered 09:32 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
After a few years, you either get used to it and it becomes part of life, or you move away.
THIS. My parents are immigrants from a country with a lot of snow. I like in the NE, if I complained of being cold/too much snow/ice, I was given the look. I just sort of developed my snow/ice legs and life went on. Now, when I met my husband, a southern boy. Lord, did we have a tough "true" winter. I.e. snow, ice, hail, sleet, ect. We had to move south, because a few more northern winters would have killed him.
Annalee 09:38 AM 01-02-2016
I am in the south and our winter precipitation usually begins with ice so it doesn't take but an inch or two of snow on top of the ice to create major travel issues. Snow usually is not our big problem but the underlying ice is not so nice.
Tags:daycare environment
Reply Up