Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time
TwinMama 01:10 PM 02-24-2017
I used to do nap time in the bedrooms of my house with a different child in each room. I'm thinking about moving my daycare downstairs now though.

What do you all use at nap time? Nap mats? Rooms?
jenboo 01:22 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I used to do nap time in the bedrooms of my house with a different child in each room. I'm thinking about moving my daycare downstairs now though.

Mostly mats and a couple pack n plays. They are split between two rooms.
Sumshine 01:38 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Mostly mats and a couple pack n plays. They are split between two rooms.
I have 1 room with a video monitor. I have 1 Portacrib as I only take 1 infant at a time and 6 cots. I lay them out and make sure they have enough space in between them for me to walk through if needed. I put my "problem" Children who like to get up from their cot here or there closest to the door so I can easily redirect them without disturbing the others. The portacrib is also close to the door because sometimes the infants don't nap all through quiet time. I keep a pnp out in the general daycare are for the infant too sometimes during the older kiddos nap time I'll just lay him in there off the bat

I face all the kiddos different directions as they liked to socialize with eachother so now they really can't see each other and usually they are all out within 10 mins of them being laid down! I have 1 here or there who tries to get up and sleep with his brother on his cot and another who likes to get up mid nap once in a blue moon.
Gemma 08:33 AM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by TwinMama:

I use cots (p&p for infants). I have open space in every room, so I lay them out on the floor.
Reply Up