Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do The Parents Ever Change Poopy Diapers?????
Unregistered 12:29 PM 10-12-2010
I have 2 boys here, one is 2-1/2 and the other is 21 months. I swear these kids only poop at my house. I change their poopy diapers a minimum of 3x/day. I am sick of it. The one mom comes in the mornings and almost gloats as she says "he hasnt pooped yet". In other words, look out cause it's coming. My whole house stinks because of these 2 kids. Gross. I know it's part of the job description, but it seems excessive doesnt it? Or maybe it's just me, but my kids did not poop 3x in a 9 hour span at that age. Maybe I should increase the fiber in all of our meals and they will start pooping at home too, lol. Sorry for my rant.
BentleysBands 04:11 AM 10-13-2010
i dont find that unusual. i have 5 kids and seems they ALL save it for me
one kid poops 4x for me every day...first being 10mins after d/o no matter what time it is LOL....i must scare the poop outta him LOL

but theres not much you can do IMO to prevent . its just the kids schedule to go. maybe plug your nose? jk
TGT09 05:09 AM 10-13-2010
I sort of have the opposite except for my 6 mo old. I have 1 toddler who NEVER poops at my house and another that only randomly does in spurts!
DanceMom 06:47 AM 10-13-2010
Same here...mine all poop 2-4 times a day...When my own poops at night..I make my husband change it. I changed over 12 poopy diapers today, you can do it tonight
Unregistered 08:22 AM 10-13-2010
My daycare babies love to save it for me one even holds it all weekend most weekends and then has a big pile waiting for me after an hour of being here hahaha. Usually the one baby poops once or twice a day and the other one poops two to three times a day. I would suggest start potty training the 2 and half year old he is old enough.
MarinaVanessa 09:02 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My whole house stinks because of these 2 kids. Gross.
Ha ha ha. You know when I started DC my fiance (who has an awfully sensitive nose and stomache for diapers) forbid and I do mean FORBID me to throw any diaper in any of our house's trash cans because he could smell it, whatever it was. You know what I did??? That's right I laughed in his face. This would mean that after each and every diaper that I changed I would have to walk through the living room, through the dining room, through the kitchen, through the garage, down the driveway and throw the diaper in the big trash can outside. Granted we have a small home and it would take me all of 2 minutes to run out there but I was NOT going to leave the kids alone in the house and I was NOT going to run outside every time that I changed a diaper. Are you kidding me???

I just went out and bought 2 diaper genies and put one in each bathroom. He didn't know what it was at first and I told him it was a fancy trash-can to keep the kiddos out of the trash . I purposely left all of the diapers in there for a whole week, poo diapers and all, and he never caught wind until I confessed. I had to tell him because I thought it was so funny and I wanted to gloat. So ... if it can trick my fiance's nose, it'll probably work for you. I have the elite II that you press with your foot and you don't have to spin or anything. It does all of the work for you. I change mine weekly but then again I only have 2 sometimes 3 kids that I change diapers for but at least my house doesn't smell like amonia or poo. Just a thought.

I don't however have any ideas for you about how to lower your DC kiddos BM's lol. You'll have to figure that one out on your own .
SilverSabre25 09:07 AM 10-13-2010
My group seems to go through phases. Right now, I'm spending every day hoping against hope that they at least save it for my DH when he gets home at 1:45...because changing their poop is turning my poor pregnant stomach! Actually just thinking about it right now is doing that...
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:35 AM 10-13-2010
I hae a combo of yankee candle plug ins, (they are the only ones that work for us for any length of time,.) I bag each dipe in a grocery bag and toss it in a covered pail right outside my back door( Its actually the large trash bins that our city provides us to use,.. ) They arent stored in my home.
sahm2three 03:02 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have 2 boys here, one is 2-1/2 and the other is 21 months. I swear these kids only poop at my house. I change their poopy diapers a minimum of 3x/day. I am sick of it. The one mom comes in the mornings and almost gloats as she says "he hasnt pooped yet". In other words, look out cause it's coming. My whole house stinks because of these 2 kids. Gross. I know it's part of the job description, but it seems excessive doesnt it? Or maybe it's just me, but my kids did not poop 3x in a 9 hour span at that age. Maybe I should increase the fiber in all of our meals and they will start pooping at home too, lol. Sorry for my rant.
AMEN SISTER!!!! Poop consumes my days! There have been days when I have changed around 15 poopy diapers! UGH!!! I feel your pain!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:21 PM 10-13-2010
I think its because they eat move and drink more in our care. They arent parked in from of a tv or sitting inside a house. ?
QualiTcare 09:36 PM 10-13-2010
well, i think the parents are secretly plotting with their kids so they only poop at daycare. just saying.
DBug 03:41 AM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I think its because they eat move and drink more in our care. They arent parked in from of a tv or sitting inside a house. ?
I agree with this -- that, and in alot of cases, they're likely eating more fruit & whole grains in our care. My kids all poop right after lunch. It's my excuse to do the kitchen cleaning before naptime, instead of during. The down-time gives them time to do their business .
MommyMuffin 04:01 AM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Ha ha ha. You know when I started DC my fiance (who has an awfully sensitive nose and stomache for diapers) forbid and I do mean FORBID me to throw any diaper in any of our house's trash cans because he could smell it, whatever it was. You know what I did??? That's right I laughed in his face. This would mean that after each and every diaper that I changed I would have to walk through the living room, through the dining room, through the kitchen, through the garage, down the driveway and throw the diaper in the big trash can outside. Granted we have a small home and it would take me all of 2 minutes to run out there but I was NOT going to leave the kids alone in the house and I was NOT going to run outside every time that I changed a diaper. Are you kidding me???

I just went out and bought 2 diaper genies and put one in each bathroom. He didn't know what it was at first and I told him it was a fancy trash-can to keep the kiddos out of the trash . I purposely left all of the diapers in there for a whole week, poo diapers and all, and he never caught wind until I confessed. I had to tell him because I thought it was so funny and I wanted to gloat. So ... if it can trick my fiance's nose, it'll probably work for you. I have the elite II that you press with your foot and you don't have to spin or anything. It does all of the work for you. I change mine weekly but then again I only have 2 sometimes 3 kids that I change diapers for but at least my house doesn't smell like amonia or poo. Just a thought.

I don't however have any ideas for you about how to lower your DC kiddos BM's lol. You'll have to figure that one out on your own .
I have the diaper champ because I did not want to buy the bags for the diaper genies. My diaper champ doesnt hold the stink though. Is it worth it to buy the special bags for the genie? If it helps hold the stink in more I am thinking the extra costs would be worth it.
MarinaVanessa 06:29 AM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I have the diaper champ because I did not want to buy the bags for the diaper genies. My diaper champ doesnt hold the stink though. Is it worth it to buy the special bags for the genie? If it helps hold the stink in more I am thinking the extra costs would be worth it.
I put each of the dirty diapers in there starting Monday and don't usually need to change the bag until Friday (I change it when it's full) and I havn't smelled either urine or poo. Neither has my fiance and he's the kind that could walk into our bedroom after I'f eaten a peanut butter sandwich in there and yell "Where you eating in here?!" That passes my inspection.

You could also just put poo diapers in there and save on the bags.
mrs.meg 06:36 AM 10-14-2010
This post made me laugh! I feel the same way, some days. As they get older, the poop gets so bad! I call it big MAN dumps!!! It does get old. Then when they are potty trained, as soon as I change a poopy diaper, there is someone needing to be wiped! I literally have days where for a solid hour I am just dealing with poop!!! This job has done wonders for my sense of humility!!!!
PAMommy1228 06:38 AM 10-14-2010
I get PO'd because I have a little girl that I noticed whenever she has apple juice she goes within 15 minutes up her back down her leg, she needs bath type of poo. So when I told her mother she goes "well what am I supposed to do, she asks for it" Keep in mind she is just 16 months and I said this a few months ago. Oh and she does say "apple juice" but she says "Apple Juice" for everything.

So every morning within 20 minutes of being here I am changing her whole outfit.
QualiTcare 07:53 PM 10-14-2010
she should only be having four ounces of juice a day. i always watered my kid's juice down anyway. maybe you can try giving her some very diluted juice and see if she drinks it. if she does, tell her mom that she likes it and maybe she'll start doing it. it saves money - and her teeth.
Unregistered 11:58 AM 10-15-2010
Thanks, your responses made me laugh and know that I am not the only one who is being punished by poopy diapers all day. I do have a diaper Genie but I only put the wet diapers in it and I change it daily because the 1 time that I used it for poopy diapers it stunk my whole house up.... Gross! I now save all my plastic walmart and grocery bags and wrap each poopy diaper up and then toss it in the trash in my garage. Poor dh's garage sometimes gets quite the nasty odor in it, especially on hot, humid days but at least I dont have to smell it all day long.
Tags:poopy diaper
Reply Up