Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Give Me Permission to....
coolconfidentme 10:10 AM 07-25-2014
....terminated a PT parent in a ranting email. She never follows the smallest of policy, forgets to give me a schedule & wants to banter it out via text while I'm at a funeral. She still hasn't competed a state required form & she has yet to bring her fees current. (She owes owes $20 but is racking up the late fees) Oh.., & she got pi$$y in an email to me about crap when she didn't follow policy.

Can I cap lock SCREAM at her? Please!!!
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 07-25-2014
Sometimes those are the ones the tempt us to continue talking when in reality you need to just let the natural consequences do their job.

If you gave her a deadline and she didn't comply then I see it as she terminated herself by not following the rules of being a part of your program.
melilley 10:16 AM 07-25-2014
Yes, I give you permission....in your head.
My poor dh, I always say things to him that I want to tell some parents (1 in particular). I go through the conversation like I'm talking to her....minus the yelling. That helps...sometimes.
coolconfidentme 10:20 AM 07-25-2014
I'm writing out my rant & will probably throw it away. I am so unduly frustrated right now. I need to go to my happy place.
Blackcat31 10:29 AM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I'm writing out my rant & will probably throw it away. I am so unduly frustrated right now. I need to go to my happy place.
You could post it and we can all commiserate with you....

I love me a good term letter....even if it's only a venting one and not one you are actually using!
taylorw1210 10:33 AM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I love me a good term letter....even if it's only a venting one and not one you are actually using!
Great idea!
melilley 10:34 AM 07-25-2014

I bet that would make you feel better-op!
NightOwl 01:06 PM 07-25-2014
I wanna read it!
nannyde 01:37 PM 07-25-2014
I love a good ship wreck. Post away
KiddieCahoots 01:41 PM 07-25-2014
Please do!
Along with the good vent it'll give you, I'm always looking for good stuff to add to my phb.
KDC 04:48 PM 07-25-2014
Let it rip... need me some good reading material
coolconfidentme 05:47 AM 07-26-2014
DCM texted, “I feel like you don't want XXX because Everytime I say he's comin there is always a reason he can't”

I terminated with this in this comment, “You are terminated from our program for repeated failure to comply with state regulations & our policy.”

She is now power messaging me with private FB messages like, “I didn't do anything I haven't signed the papers yet because I haven't been in there. I thoughts that's all I needed to do. Why are you answering me?”

I will rewrite my rant to her & post it. (I left it at work)
cheerfuldom 08:06 AM 07-26-2014
DCM texted, “I feel like you don't want XXX because Everytime I say he's comin there is always a reason he can't”

I terminated with this in this comment, “You are terminated from our program for repeated failure to comply with state regulations & our policy.”

She is now power messaging me with private FB messages like, “I didn't do anything I haven't signed the papers yet because I haven't been in there. I thoughts that's all I needed to do. Why are you answering me?”

I will rewrite my rant to her & post it. (I left it at work)
oy. parents these days LOVE the " you must not like pookie because you dont ...."

I had a parent sneak out and term immediately because they came ONE time after months of care and their child was crying that one time at pickup. These parents feel that you are in business solely for their family. They dont think at all about the other families or your own familys needs. If there is an issue with care, it is always your fault because you dont like Jr. If you truly liked Jr. , YOU would find a way to make the situation work so the parent doesnt have to do anything. Signing a paper is too hard for them. paying on time?! you are crazy for asking. you should be thankful to receive payment at all plus the joy of taking care of their child should be more than enough payment. bringing supplies? showing up on time? no way. that is asking too much. **rolling eyes**
coolconfidentme 07:48 AM 07-27-2014
DCM continues to ask why her child is being terminated & why I don't like him. I want to send her this:

DCM. Stating I do not want DCK at my daycare is ludicrous. You are the one who was in contract, policy & state regulation violation…, not DCK. Below is a list of grounds for terminating services. Please know this is not the complete list, since I am once again at home WITH MY FAMILY & not at work. Yes, daycare is my job that I do not get paid to do on the weekend. You are the ONLY parent who continued to:

• Failed to complete state required documentation
o In state allotted time frame
o This is clear violation of the policy & state regulations
 This is grounds for termination

• Failed to pay for daycare services per contract/policy
o You still owe fees
o You also have never any paid late fees
o This is clear violation of the policy

• Failed to submit schedule on time
o Doing it on the weekend required me to work during family time
o Doing it after Monday morning required me to resubmit my schedule

• Failure to notify daycare when your child will not be attending
• Failure to read the sign in notes on the computer

o We posted our bereavement time on the computer off when you checked in
o We also verbally told you the daycare would be closed for bereavement
 Arguing this while I’m at a funeral morning the loss at a funeral is clear violation of human decency.

This concludes all communication concerning this issue. If you choose to readdress it, we can do so in Judge Bridges courtroom. Please have a nice day.
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 07-27-2014
DCM continues to ask why her child is being terminated & why I don't like him. I want to send her this:

DCM. Stating I do not want DCK at my daycare is ludicrous. You are the one who was in contract, policy & state regulation violation…, not DCK. Below is a list of grounds for terminating services. Please know this is not the complete list, since I am once again at home WITH MY FAMILY & not at work. Yes, daycare is my job that I do not get paid to do on the weekend. You are the ONLY parent who continued to:

• Failed to complete state required documentation
o In state allotted time frame
o This is clear violation of the policy & state regulations

• Failed to pay for daycare services per contract/policy
o You still owe fees
o You also have never any paid late fees

• Failed to submit schedule on time
o Doing it on the weekend required me to work during family time
o Doing it after Monday morning required me to resubmit my schedule

• Failure to notify daycare when your child will not be attending
• Failure to read the sign in notes on the computer

o We posted our bereavement time on the computer off when you checked in
o We also verbally told you the daycare would be closed for bereavement
 Arguing this while I’m at a funeral morning the loss at a funeral is clear violation of human decency.

This concludes all communication concerning this issue. If you choose to readdress it, we can do so in Judge Bridges courtroom. Please have a nice day.
although this makes perfect sense to us, I see this as providing her MORE ammunition to argue. Kwim?

I would just NOT communicate further with her on off hours/days and on Monday say "I am done discussing this. You are terminated for failure to follow program rules."

And be done.

I despise people who want to make a 3 ring circus over being told no.

Good for you for knowing when to fold 'em.
coolconfidentme 08:43 AM 07-27-2014
although this makes perfect sense to us, I see this as providing her MORE ammunition to argue. Kwim?

I would just NOT communicate further with her on off hours/days and on Monday say "I am done discussing this. You are terminated for failure to follow program rules."

And be done.

I despise people who want to make a 3 ring circus over being told no.

Good for you for knowing when to fold 'em.
Thank you. I have not & will not reply to DCM why on my own time. She is the type who will never be wrong anyway.
hope 08:55 AM 07-27-2014
BC is right. The back and forth of this will go on forever if you give in to it. Although it would make you feel better to respond now, her reply will just stress you out even more. Your refusal to further discuss will eat at her I'm sure.
coolconfidentme 09:30 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
BC is right. The back and forth of this will go on forever if you give in to it. Although it would make you feel better to respond now, her reply will just stress you out even more. Your refusal to further discuss will eat at her I'm sure.
I am grateful to rant & vent it here. Thank you for letting me get it off my chest. DCM is getting the silent treatment. I'm sure that pi$$e$ her off...., to my secret pleasure.
Reply Up