Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Online Training?
ECEVA 04:15 PM 07-26-2014
We're a new center so our training budget is very small. Some of the teachers need training hours and I don't want to bring in a trainer until we have our full staff. What online training websites do you all recommend and what was the cost?
DaveA 04:23 PM 07-26-2014
I like Care Courses (www.CareCourses.com) They have a pretty good variety and aren't too badly priced.
midaycare 07:57 PM 07-26-2014
Originally Posted by ECEVA:
We're a new center so our training budget is very small. Some of the teachers need training hours and I don't want to bring in a trainer until we have our full staff. What online training websites do you all recommend and what was the cost?
Are there any free options near you? I can usually find free seminars and classes around me. This year I was able to find over 50 free hours of training around me, and the year isn't over yet. I don't live in a huge community, either.
pandamom 05:06 AM 07-27-2014
I work in a NAEYCC accredited center. In addition to a full time trainer, we also have the option of doing online courses. I really enjoy these online ones.

http://www.kitonline.org/
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by ECEVA:
Some good suggestions have been given but be sure to check with your licensing agency as not all on-line courses are acceptable in all areas/states.

Hate to take an entire training just to find out it doesn't meet your state requirements.
Play Care 09:06 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Some good suggestions have been given but be sure to check with your licensing agency as not all on-line courses are acceptable in all areas/states.

Hate to take an entire training just to find out it doesn't meet your state requirements.
This. Our state usually lists on their website what classes they accept.
NightOwl 10:45 AM 07-27-2014
What is the name of the company that sends monthly training booklets via mail? I LOVED that method when I owned a center. You can sign up to get a single booklet and one posttest and certificate for one person, or you can get them in multiples of 5, 10, etc. I would love to have that service again if I could only remember the naaaaamme?!! Now it's gonna drive me nuts. Anyone familiar with this?
Annalee 11:02 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Valuable information.....very disappointing to complete a training only to find out the particular state will not count as credit....TN has an online system with multiple trainings that is 2 hrs each and can be done at any time which has been helpful due to the budget cuts and less training available...on this site you can do 15 minutes at a time if you want and when you finish you print your own certificate. Providers do have to attend trainings as well but a certain amount can be online.
NightOwl 11:58 AM 07-27-2014
Found it!! This was, by far, the best method I found for staff to get their CEUs in. I also love care courses and childcare lounge, though!

http://www.impact-publications.com/c...eral_info_ccsn
rebekki78 11:43 AM 07-29-2014
Texas A&M offers free/low cost raining hours. Some you have to pay $7-$12 for the certificate.

http://extensiononline.tamu.edu/courses/child_care.php
ECEVA 06:46 PM 07-29-2014
Huge thanks for the replies!
Unregistered 08:27 PM 07-29-2014
http://www.childcaretrainingtogo.com/selfstudy/
Tags:online training
Reply Up