Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Get My Hopes Up…..
Crazy8 01:08 PM 07-25-2014
if you are just going to dash them at 3:45 on a friday afternoon!!!!

Only have one family on Fridays for the summer…. yesterday they told me they'd be leaving early today, have an appointment. This morning I find its not as early as I thought, but still an hour before regular pick up time. I make plans with my family, yay! Well, now 30 min. before that pick up time they say appt changed, will pick up regular time. Booo. Don't feel like there is anything I can really say because its still their contracted time. But I totally made plans knowing they were leaving early. I am bummed.

I have really been thinking of terming this family but I need replacements and the well is dry - not getting many calls for anything but infants and I don't have an infant opening. I have only termed one family ever and that was about 10 years ago so I don't take terming lightly but I am tired of asking for my check each week, tired of them not bringing proper supplies for their kids (milk, diapers, clothes, etc), tired of them being my only family here 30 min. later than all the others and then being 5 min. later than that, just so many little things. But they are half my income. I really can't let them go without replacements and they really aren't doing anything huge to violate policies, etc.

Just needed to vent, sorry!!
KiddieCahoots 01:34 PM 07-25-2014
Totally hate when that happens!
Have one particular family that'll do this whenever grandma comes to pickup. Same thing....even if her granddaughter is the only one here.
Just keep thinking, I can get through this.....it's Friday......it's Friday......
Blackcat31 01:36 PM 07-25-2014
I would have said, "Oh sorry DCF but when you told me you were picking up early yesterday, I planned accordingly so I can't stay until close now."

It may be their contracted pick up time, but they told you something different yesterday so... that's on them.
midaycare 01:37 PM 07-25-2014
Sorry! I have a dcb who comes 3 times a week during the summer. It was supposed to be until 6:00 pm, but she never shows up until 7:00 pm. So frustrating!
Blackcat31 01:38 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Sorry! I have a dcb who comes 3 times a week during the summer. It was supposed to be until 6:00 pm, but she never shows up until 7:00 pm. So frustrating!
..and you continue to take him back?

The first time she was that late, I would have told her "no more."

If she did it again, I would term.
midaycare 02:03 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
..and you continue to take him back?

The first time she was that late, I would have told her "no more."

If she did it again, I would term.
I normally would but this woman works in a place where she can give me a lot of referrals. So I let a lot slide with her. I keep telling myself, it's only for this summer!
MOM OF 4 03:12 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
My DCPROVIDER also had this issue with a client she termed, 7p or sometimes 7:30p pickup. And it wasn't that they agreed to the later time, the woman just made up her own times! And dropped off ridiculously early too! This was same lady that lied about a lot and I mentioned in another thread about my DCPROVIDER's new backbone (I am EVER so proud! LOL )
Reply Up