Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>8 Months Old Who Doesn't Know To Self-Sooth
jenny31052 12:27 PM 09-07-2011
I have this 8 months old girl, who is an angel until it's time to go to sleep - she is used to fall asleep drinking the bottle, however here I can't get her to go to sleep with one bottle, it has to be 2 or sometimes 3!! even if the other kids are playing quietly, she gets aroused with little things, like a car passing by, or my husband walking upstairs; last week it took more than an hour of rocking her, and feeding her the bottle, before she went asleep - in the meantime the rest of the kids had to entertain themselves, or better destroy the playroom
Today I decided that if she's not asleep by the time she finishes her bottle, she jsut gonna have to lay down and learn to go to sleep without it - well, it was 50 minutes of pure screaming, trashing, banging her head on the side of the pack and play, more screaming and more trashing... she then fell asleep... I even gave the bottle (with water in it) to suck while laying down, but as soon as she realized that it was not formula, she threw it out.

What do you do with babies like this? I've never had this problems with my son, or other infants, who knows how to sooth themselves... I felt bad, and I wished no one was outside hearing the show going on inside, but I can't spend one and a half hour each day trying to get her to nap... while the other kids (2 and 18 months old) are trying to keep busy their way...

Tags:self help, self sooth, soother
Up