Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1st Interview In Months....
littlemonkeys 06:13 PM 02-03-2011
Tonight was my first interview in months. I was so nervous to say the least. I was as prepared as could be given that she called early this afternoon. I scheduled her to come at 6pm because my last parent picks up on the dot at my closing time at 5:30. I figured I'd have a good 20 minutes to tidy up and make sure everything was in line. My dcp got there right at 5:30, and I was trying to rush her out the door but she lingered until 5:50 I kept creeping towards to door hoping she'd get the hint. I didn't get to tidy up things and I'm just thankful that my floor was somewhat still vacuumed from earlier. Potential DCM came a few minutes early and I just apologized for the crackers my LO just smashed into the floor, she just laughed and said that was fine. She was the first parent I have ever interviewed that did not bring her child... I was a little surprised. She told me a loooooong story as to why they are changing providers. All she had to say was the provider was closing down because she's having a baby. This provider picks up and drops off the child at the dcm's house WTH??? I hope she wasn't hinting that I would do that for her. I told her that was a very convenient set up for her and kindly said that I would not be able to accommodate that since I drove a Honda Accord and there are not enough seats. She just kind of looked at me. Other than that everything seemed to go really well. She didn't sign, and told me that she has a few more interviews to go to and her last one is next Tuesday. We answered each others questions and I told her that if she's interested to try and give me a call A.S.A.P as I have other interviews scheduled and the first one who pays a deposit will get the space. She seemed interested and said she's be calling be by Tuesday either way. I gave her my card and told her to feel free to call me id any further questions came up.

I think it went pretty well. I liked the mom and hope this one works out. Just wish I could've met the dck. Wish me luck!!!
AAA713 06:31 PM 02-03-2011
Good luck!! I hope everything turns out in your favor! It's been quite some time since I had an interview. Hopefully things will pick up in my area.
pinkbunny85 07:30 PM 02-03-2011
Good Luck!!!

in a side note did she mention why she didn't bring dck
littlemonkeys 07:59 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by pinkbunny85:
Good Luck!!!

in a side note did she mention why she didn't bring dck
No, and I wanted to ask and then got side tracked and forgot. Bothers me a little bit because I've never taken on a family without seeing the child. Oh well, right? If all goes well, I 'm going to ask her to bring dcg over when she picks up my contract and leaves a deposit.
Addemnido 08:07 PM 02-03-2011
My husband had his interview 4 months back, we have not heard anything. Nothing regarding family investigation or field investigation of any sort. is that normal? or should we be worried that they are not even working on our case?
Little People 03:34 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys:
Tonight was my first interview in months. I was so nervous to say the least. I was as prepared as could be given that she called early this afternoon. I scheduled her to come at 6pm because my last parent picks up on the dot at my closing time at 5:30. I figured I'd have a good 20 minutes to tidy up and make sure everything was in line. My dcp got there right at 5:30, and I was trying to rush her out the door but she lingered until 5:50 I kept creeping towards to door hoping she'd get the hint. I didn't get to tidy up things and I'm just thankful that my floor was somewhat still vacuumed from earlier. Potential DCM came a few minutes early and I just apologized for the crackers my LO just smashed into the floor, she just laughed and said that was fine. She was the first parent I have ever interviewed that did not bring her child... I was a little surprised. She told me a loooooong story as to why they are changing providers. All she had to say was the provider was closing down because she's having a baby. This provider picks up and drops off the child at the dcm's house WTH??? I hope she wasn't hinting that I would do that for her. I told her that was a very convenient set up for her and kindly said that I would not be able to accommodate that since I drove a Honda Accord and there are not enough seats. She just kind of looked at me. Other than that everything seemed to go really well. She didn't sign, and told me that she has a few more interviews to go to and her last one is next Tuesday. We answered each others questions and I told her that if she's interested to try and give me a call A.S.A.P as I have other interviews scheduled and the first one who pays a deposit will get the space. She seemed interested and said she's be calling be by Tuesday either way. I gave her my card and told her to feel free to call me id any further questions came up.

I think it went pretty well. I liked the mom and hope this one works out. Just wish I could've met the dck. Wish me luck!!!
This would be a red flag for me. I always tell them when they call that I will set up a time to meet the parent and the child/children. Then before we hang up I always say "I look foward to meeting you and ***". If she does call you back I would tell her you need a second interview with her and the child.
SandeeAR 07:07 AM 02-04-2011
I agree, if she calls back I would tell her a major requirement to setting up childcare is to meet the child to see if you and the child mesh. If she doesn't want to do that RUN!
littlemonkeys 01:31 PM 02-04-2011
I'm not expecting DCM to call me back until Tuesday, but if she does I'll definitely require her to bring dcg to my home first before signing. She told me where she had her interview today and I looked them up and found their website... I don't think I stand a chance with this one. This other dc offers a complete preschool program and has a huge add-on to the rear of their house. It actually looks like a preschool. I do all the "preschool" activities, but I really wish I had an extra room here so I could provide that type of environment. I don't know??? Our rates are the same, so it will be interesting to see what she chose.

Hope I get more calls other than part-timers!
ninosqueridos 05:34 PM 02-04-2011
That is weird that she didn't bring the child. I hope it turns out well for you and that you get to meet dck.....good luck!
littlemonkeys 08:44 PM 02-04-2011
Thanks, I hope so too!
Tags:interview
Reply Up