Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Darn No-Call-No-Show
SilverSabre25 03:18 PM 07-27-2012
GREAT phone interview earlier this week...now a ncns for the interview.

Allow me a moment for some choice words:
(*#&(*@&$#(* #()*%&#)(* #(*$& (#%*&#)958

Ahh, there, I feel better. Even though I'm still rally grumpy about this.

*sigh* at least my house is super clean...
Fruitloops1 03:22 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

That stinks, I am so sorry. ((hugs)) Nothing worse than getting your hopes up high and then they come tumbling down.
If they call to apologize will you reschedule?
Blackcat31 03:23 PM 07-27-2012
Sorry Silver......

Obviously people you wouldn't have wanted anyways since they have no clue how to use a phone.

Enjoy the fact that your house is clean and it is Friday!
Heidi 03:25 PM 07-27-2012

You and another provider here (I can't out her without permission) are having a similar day. All I can say is HOW RUDE!!!!

Edited to add: and really what the heck is wrong with people????? I mean, for the most part, a person could cop out totally and text "sorry I can't make it" without even having to face talking to you!
MyAngels 03:29 PM 07-27-2012
Well shame on them! ((Hugs)) to you, and don't let it ruin your weekend .
SilverSabre25 03:46 PM 07-27-2012
Thanks for the support, ladies. I'm making something yummy to eat tonight, ignoring the large mountain of laundry that needs folded, and doing something fun after the kids are in bed. Possibly watching the Doctor Who episode "Fear Her" since it has David Tennant lighting the Olympic torch (which I still really hope happens :P) Mmmm, David Tennant would improve ANYONE's night.

Depending on their "excuse" IF they call I may or may not reschedule (but really....in this day and age there's not excuse for not calling unless it's a case of medical emergency or something)
Countrygal 04:05 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
You and another provider here (I can't out her without permission) are having a similar day. All I can say is HOW RUDE!!!!

Edited to add: and really what the heck is wrong with people????? I mean, for the most part, a person could cop out totally and text "sorry I can't make it" without even having to face talking to you!
That would be me. NCNS - great phone interview. She said she might be late, so I called her to find out what happened so I could plan lunch, etc. She RESCHEDULED for later in the day and STILL NCNS!!!! What gall!! I mean, if you found someone else, just say so!!!!

To borrow a few choice phrases:

At least I have all my paperwork together for the next prospective client!! My house, however, is NOT spotless. ROFL!!!! It IS Friday, after all!!!
shelby 07:47 PM 07-27-2012
I was to have an interview yesterday, she did not show, so I called to see if she got lost.. she forgot.. told me she would meet with me today and to call and remind her.. I called (1hr before, she just lives 3 mins away.. I find out) but she can't make it something came up.. then tells me that she will come by Monday after work to call and remind her then... I am beginning to wonder...

Hey, she told me she was looking for a provider closer to home and work.. she works 5 mins from me... so whats up!
SilverSabre25 08:10 PM 07-27-2012
Explanation is caught in a late meeting at work...I'm sympathetic I'll reschedule.
Countrygal 06:29 AM 07-28-2012
Explanation is caught in a late meeting at work...I'm sympathetic I'll reschedule.
At least you got an explanation......

Would you guys call back after a second no-show? I'm sorta thinking the old adage "fool me once, shame on you: fool me twice, shame on me" might be applicable here, but I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Usuallly way too much......
SilverSabre25 06:37 AM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:

Would you guys call back after a second no-show? I'm sorta thinking the old adage "fool me once, shame on you: fool me twice, shame on me" might be applicable here, but I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Usuallly way too much......
After a second ncns I would not reschedule (unless it was something major, like a car accident).
Heidi 07:18 AM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:

Call me please and give me a few details in case she calls ME for daycare. I'll be brutally honest with her. OH aren't you the NCNS? Sorry...I am not available!
MyAngels 08:48 AM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by shelby:
I was to have an interview yesterday, she did not show, so I called to see if she got lost.. she forgot.. told me she would meet with me today and to call and remind her.. I called (1hr before, she just lives 3 mins away.. I find out) but she can't make it something came up.. then tells me that she will come by Monday after work to call and remind her then... I am beginning to wonder...

Hey, she told me she was looking for a provider closer to home and work.. she works 5 mins from me... so whats up!
Too flaky for me, I'd definitely pass on this one. She'll probably forget your check every week, or something will come up and she'll be late for pick up .
Truly Scrumptious 08:56 AM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Too flaky for me, I'd definitely pass on this one. She'll probably forget your check every week, or something will come up and she'll be late for pick up .
I agree.....big red flag as to how you can expect her to handle other things.
daycarekay 11:21 AM 07-28-2012
Silver, I hope they come on time for the rescheduled interview and that it's a great fit! It sucks when you get all prepared for someone and they don't let you know they won't make it. It is definitely annoying when our time and effort is not respected the way it should be.
Reply Up