Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-in Care = Late Night Babysitting?
Baby Beluga 08:30 AM 10-21-2016
I have one open spot and I have been advertising it as occasional and drop in childcare. I have gotten nothing but late night and weekend babysitting requests. My ad reads as follows:

Established (city) in-home daycare is now offering part-time and occasional childcare for children 12 months and up.
- Located in (city) approximately 2 miles north of (cross streets).
- Your child will enjoy healthy meals and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Pet/pool/smoke free and clean home.
- Fingerprint clearance card and background checked
- CPR and first aid certified.
Please send a PM for additional information. Thanks and have a great day!

My most recent request was for a parent who wants me to watch her child Saturday nights until 2am.

What is wrong with my wording? Should I put Monday - Friday and hours? I am okay with putting Monday - Friday but would rather not put hours because they are based on availability and each families individual needs. My children now leave by 4:30pm. BUT if a drop in family needed care until 6pm I would be okay with that.
Maybe change it to say "care is available Monday - Friday and hours are dependent on each families needs?
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have one open spot and I have been advertising it as occasional and drop in childcare. I have gotten nothing but late night and weekend babysitting requests. My ad reads as follows:

Established (city) in-home daycare is now offering part-time and occasional childcare for children 12 months and up.
- Located in (city) approximately 2 miles north of (cross streets).
- Your child will enjoy healthy meals and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Pet/pool/smoke free and clean home.
- Fingerprint clearance card and background checked
- CPR and first aid certified.
Please send a PM for additional information. Thanks and have a great day!

My most recent request was for a parent who wants me to watch her child Saturday nights until 2am.

What is wrong with my wording? Should I put Monday - Friday and hours? I am okay with putting Monday - Friday but would rather not put hours because they are based on availability and each families individual needs. My children now leave by 4:30pm. BUT if a drop in family needed care until 6pm I would be okay with that.
Maybe change it to say "care is available Monday - Friday and hours are dependent on each families needs?
I would change my wording to something like this:

"Established (city) in-home daycare is now offering part-time DAYTIME HOURS and occasional DAILY drop in childcare for children 12 months and up."

I would also add something on the bottom like:

"Weekend, evening and non-standard hours of child care are not available."

or if you do offer that type of care, you could say:

"Weekend, evening and non-standard hours of child care are available for additional fees."
finsup 08:39 AM 10-21-2016
Definitely put Monday-Friday. I still get the occasional person who doesnt read and requests weekends but it cut down on it. I don't have "set" hours so I say "open Monday-Friday with hours flexible to your work schedule". Then when they tell me their hours, I will tell them if I can accommodate it and the rate (determined by what the hours they need are).
But yeah, putting Monday-Friday at least should help some
Baby Beluga 08:44 AM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would change my wording to something like this:

"Established (city) in-home daycare is now offering part-time DAYTIME HOURS and occasional DAILY drop in childcare for children 12 months and up."

I would also add something on the bottom like:

"Weekend, evening and non-standard hours of child care are not available."

or if you do offer that type of care, you could say:

"Weekend, evening and non-standard hours of child care are available for additional fees."
Originally Posted by finsup:
Definitely put Monday-Friday. I still get the occasional person who doesnt read and requests weekends but it cut down on it. I don't have "set" hours so I say "open Monday-Friday with hours flexible to your work schedule". Then when they tell me their hours, I will tell them if I can accommodate it and the rate (determined by what the hours they need are).
But yeah, putting Monday-Friday at least should help some
These are both great - thank you!
Reply Up