Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Everything's a Potty Word....
Hunni Bee 12:06 PM 10-27-2016
So my King of Wrong Choices (and I say that with all the love) has a habit of making EVERYTHING about bathroom subjects/bodily functions/nudity/private parts. It's actually impressive but I am so done with hearing about butts and farting and throwing up and people being naked...

I do not censor the subjects in my classroom much, if something is actually about bodily functions or parts or whatever, we talk about it in a matter of fact way. But if anything even sounds like a gross word, he jumps on it and starts yelling and trying to get everyone on board. He only wants to play babies so that they can constantly be pooping or throwing up. Any picture in a book or person or toy that has what looks like a butt, he's on it. Sometimes he just yells out "booty!!" Or "I farted!!" x infinity.

I know he's a 4 year old boy and most of it is normal, but I feel like he's way too into it. I will occasionally find him touching someone's butt or having an inappropriate conversation about kissing or something...how can I curb this? I am going to speak to his mom about it.
Boymom 01:35 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
So my King of Wrong Choices (and I say that with all the love) has a habit of making EVERYTHING about bathroom subjects/bodily functions/nudity/private parts. It's actually impressive but I am so done with hearing about butts and farting and throwing up and people being naked...

I do not censor the subjects in my classroom much, if something is actually about bodily functions or parts or whatever, we talk about it in a matter of fact way. But if anything even sounds like a gross word, he jumps on it and starts yelling and trying to get everyone on board. He only wants to play babies so that they can constantly be pooping or throwing up. Any picture in a book or person or toy that has what looks like a butt, he's on it. Sometimes he just yells out "booty!!" Or "I farted!!" x infinity.

I know he's a 4 year old boy and most of it is normal, but I feel like he's way too into it. I will occasionally find him touching someone's butt or having an inappropriate conversation about kissing or something...how can I curb this? I am going to speak to his mom about it.
The exact thing is happening at my house! They say butt, booty, fart, "he's naked (he's not), etc etc etc. the more I draw attention to it, the more they do it. Drives me nuts haha!
Reply Up