Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mission Statement Help
lovemykidstoo 07:13 AM 10-26-2016
I am attempting to write a mission statement. I am not a good writer lol. Does anyone have one that they'd like to share that maybe you have in your handbook? Maybe that will help me start brainstorming. Thanks!
Controlled Chaos 07:46 AM 10-26-2016
ABC daycare's mission is to provide a safe, clean, warm, loving, home environment as well as a carefully crafted preschool curriculum.

That's mine
JackandJill 07:50 AM 10-26-2016
The mission of J and J Home Daycare is to provide quality early childhood care. I provide a safe and nurturing environment for your child to play and grow! I offer lots of activities, daily routines, and a small environment so each child gets the attention they deserve. My goal is to strengthen the bridge between your work and family life by creating a special place that supports them both.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 10-26-2016
The goal of ABC Child Care is to allow children to develop their mind, body and natural sense of curiosity through play by providing educational activities, materials and equipment.
A developmental learning approach, which is child-led and open ended is the foundation of our curriculum.
CalCare 08:13 AM 10-26-2016
Your mission statement should answer a few questions about what it is you want this business to do. What is important to you? Some providers might prioritize (for example) supporting the families, or instilling a love of learning, or fostering independence, or creating a home-like environment for the children in their care. So pick what is your "thing" - your highest priority and write a short bit about that. For example, if I highly value play as a part of children's lives, I might say:

Our mission at Playful Play Peeps is to create an environment where children can explore, create and discover through play. We support families and children by providing childcare with respect and unconditional love.

I can list some points that may be important to different providers..
Creating community
Teaching children to be stewards for the environment
Play based
Education
Kindergarten readiness
Specific philosophies
Home-like environment
School-like environment
Nature, Natural
Music, Art, Creativity
Hands-on
Respect
Child-centered
Love of Learning
Lifelong Learners
Health and fitness
Outdoor Education, Gardening, Outdoor Classroom

Here is an example of a more small family childcare, family style care:
My ("my" instead of business name) mission is to provide loving, respectful care to the children in my care. I partner with families to make my home an extension of their home. This is a place where families and children can feel safe and cared for.

Or for an academics business style:
Our mission at Baby Academy is to provide each child with the foundation they need to become successful students and to dominate the field in all of their future endeavors. We hold our families and children up to the highest standards, as well as our staff. By doing so, we all rise to the challenge and create an environment of scholarly excellece.

Lol

You want the main priority, a suggestion of the environment and people involved and how the children and or families benefit...

That's my take on mission statement. I could be wrong!
lovemykidstoo 02:04 PM 10-26-2016
Thank you guys! You helped me get started. I really had no idea where to start with it!
Reply Up