Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is That Barking Cough Usually Croup?
Breezy 12:00 PM 08-02-2012
New 8 month old DCB was jumping away happily in the jumperoo and then coughed the really barky croupy cough. I thought nothing of it until he did it a few more times. No fever has been kind of cranky but besides the barky cough, he seems happy.

Is it usually always croup when its barky? Should I give mom a heads up now or just let her know when she gets here? I am afraid things could take a turn for the worse and then wonder why I didnt say anything.

Thanks!!!
justgettingstarted 12:05 PM 08-02-2012
I am by no means an expert but DS and I are just getting over a cold and that's how it started for him. He was cranky Friday night and woke up several times with the seal bark cough. The next day no more cough just stuffed up and tired...
Breezy 12:06 PM 08-02-2012
Thanks! Think I should give mom a heads up?
My Lil' Monkeys 12:23 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Thanks! Think I should give mom a heads up?
I think because he's so little I would just let Mom know that you have noticed the cough and it sounds barky. Just in case. I would also let her know he's in a happy mood and has no fever.
Breezy 12:26 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by My Lil' Monkeys:
I think because he's so little I would just let Mom know that you have noticed the cough and it sounds barky. Just in case. I would also let her know he's in a happy mood and has no fever.
That's what I just did! Thank you!! I just didn't want to unnecessarily worry her at work with something that could have waited. She was texting me anyhow though so it worked out.
Reply Up