Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I can't break this child of crying!!
gbcc 05:38 AM 12-20-2010
I have had many spoiled children before but this one child I just can not break of being spoiled. I only have her twice a week so that is a major problem with breaking her. Unless she is being held she is crying. There are no exceptions. She will cry herself to sleep after an hour of crying. She is almost a year old and in my opinion way too old for this behavior to continue. I do the same thing mom and dad do at home. I change her diaper, give her a warm bottle, and lay her down for nap. She will start to cry the second she see's the crib. If she doesn't nap she is even more miserable and just screams and screams. If I didn't desperately need this money right now I would have termed her. What can I do?? She wont even play with the other babies here because she just wants to be held which in itself is very unhealthy.
Unregistered 05:44 AM 12-20-2010
I am going through the same thing. I do also need the income, but my sanity was more important. i tried working with the parents and tried everything i could to calm the little guy but in the long run it is not a healthy enviornment for the child. Not all children are a fit for all homes and even though teh economy is tight we cant risk a childs wellbeing for income. I gave term notice a couple weeks ago for the end of the year. It started effecting all of the childrens behavior in my care. It is sad to let him since he has been in my care since he was 3 months old but he is not happy here and i dont know why. I spent 5 weeks (now 7) trying to fix something i have no control over.
Reply Up