Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Email Again...
WImom 11:20 AM 12-15-2011
So I did two interviews that I felt went really well. One family was waiting on a job confirmation and had said they should know by end of last week and another isn't looking to actually start care until Jan. 1st.

So I did both these interviews, gave them paperwork, and emailed them the thank you for meeting with me emails. This was 1.5 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing from either family.

I'd love to know what's up, even a 'we found someone else' would be better than nothing, It's just driving me nuts. Would it be tacky to email them again to see if they made a choice?
Blackcat31 11:25 AM 12-15-2011
I'd e-mail and say that you are just checking in and would like to know if they have decided to go else where for care and if they would let you know so that you can move on to doing some more interviewing.

I don't think that is pushy or rude....just wondering if you should to move on or not.

FWIW~ I hate when people don't let me know either. Even if they are going elsewhere...just let me know. It never fails that if I don't hear back and assume they aren't going to enroll, I do another interview and BAM! first family calls and wants to enroll....Grrr...drives me crazy!

I now tell potential clients that thye have 5 business days to get back to me or I am moving on.
cheerfuldom 11:42 AM 12-15-2011
I wouldn't. you already did a follow up email. if they wanted to enroll, they would contact you.
mismatchedsocks 11:45 AM 12-15-2011
I would simply write something like.

"We interviewed a while back, and was wondering if you had made a choice on a daycare for your child. Please let me know if you did, or if you had more questions or a start date let me know that too"

Cant hurt any to ask. Pet peeve of mine too. How hard is it to say, sorry we are going with someone else!?
daycare 11:58 AM 12-15-2011
I send something like this.

Helllo DCM,

I hope that you are having great sucess with your search for daycare. I know as a parent myself just how stressful it can be.

After meeting with you and (instert child name)I think that (insert kids name) would be a great fit to our daycare and I would be honored to work with your family if given the opportunity. However, as a parent myself, I know searching for daycare can be an extremely difficult and often an overwhelming process. I truly understand that finding a daycare that meets your child's needs and at the same time finding a provider with whom you feel comfortable and confident entrusting with your child can be stressful.

Each family has their own personal hopes and expectations for their child's daycare placement and I understand that my daycare is not the perfect match for every family.

I don't want to add any stress in your search for daycare, but wanted to know if you have made a decision? I will be filling my spot by the end of this month and would love to have you join us. Please let me know how things are going and if you would like to reserve a spot here for (child). Also should you have any further questions or concerns, it is best to call me between 1-3:00pm.

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing back from you..
wdmmom 12:36 PM 12-15-2011
Dear Prospective Daycare Family,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me last week. I just wanted to follow up with you to see if your daycare needs have changed or if I could answer any additional questions you may have.

I have done a number of interviews and my spots are first come/first serve. Please let me know if you have further interest in (name of child) attending (name of daycare) no later than (date.) After (date) I can not make any guarantee the spot will still be available and you may be placed on a waiting list.

Thanks,
(your name)
kidkair 04:03 PM 12-15-2011
I don't chase clients. I go on a first come first serve basis. I've interviewed so many people that never brought paperwork back that I don't often send paperwork home and have them come back a second time to do paperwork (I've had several not show up for that interview too). I currently have a couple people waiting for job changes and such as when they call I let them know what I have available and some have lost a spot because they waited too long. Honestly I interview whomever I can whenever I can and take the ones I like and ignore the ones who disrespect me by not showing up or answering e-mails and such. In three years I've had two people let me know they found somewhere else and one of those came here 6 months later in the week that another couple were thinking about coming.
Zoe 04:14 PM 12-15-2011
In 4 years, and countless interviews, I have had 1. count em. 1 ever call me back to say they found a better fit. Everyone else either went with me or never called me back. I didn't email or call any of them. Not worth my time. I HATE it when they do that but there's really nothing I can do. I've tried saying very clearly "please let me know either way." Nothin'!
WImom 05:59 PM 12-15-2011
I did get another request for an interview today for very part time so I decided to email these other two first since they were full time before I respond to this other one.

Thank you for the examples. I took parts from all of them and sent out an email. I will wait until Saturday morning and then I'll be emailing this new one.
Reply Up