Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terming My Newbie
cillybean83 05:13 AM 01-15-2011
I have in my contract that at anytime in the first 2 weeks of care, either the parent or myself can terminate the contract and go our separate ways without needing to give 2 weeks notice, or 2 weeks pay, or whatever...

This new parent is just too much for me. I'm all for being protective of your child, but she's blaming me for him having a diaper rash, thought he used too many diapers, thought his outfit smelled like pee, she's been late, she's only showed up for 2 out of the 5 days he was supposed to come, she asked if he could come today to make up for one of the days last week then she calls me at 6am on a Saturday morning saying she no longer wants to bring him today...

So I tell her that it just isn't going to work out, I don't want to have to explain how, why and when I diaper, I don't want to have to explain to a first time mom that when kids have colds they use more diapers because you're pushing more fluids, I don't want to have to explain how runny poop can irritate skin more that regular poop, I don't want to have to justify using diaper rash cream, if she wants to be that particular she needs to stay home with her child herself.

Then she says "I paid for 4 days and only came 2 so you owe me a refund for 2 days."

Um, no...you flaked out and decided not to come, that isn't on me. I'll be sending her term letter today.

Ugh, I hate this job sometimes
JenNJ 05:16 AM 01-15-2011
She sounds horrid.
DCMom 05:20 AM 01-15-2011
That's to bad, but good riddance.
kendallina 05:33 AM 01-15-2011
Wow- yeh, this is a good example of why a 2-week clause is sooo important! Hope you find a better fit soon!
alyssyn 06:53 AM 01-15-2011
That's waaay to much!! Don't blame you, I would term also!
dEHmom 06:58 AM 01-15-2011
Thank goodness you've realized and decided to do this within the 2 weeks!
Kaddidle Care 02:12 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
she's been late,
she's only showed up for 2 out of the 5 days he was supposed to come,
she asked if he could come today to make up for one of the days last week then she calls me at 6am on a Saturday morning saying she no longer wants to bring him today...

when kids have colds they use more diapers because you're pushing more fluids, I don't want to have to explain how runny poop can irritate skin more that regular poop, I don't want to have to justify using diaper rash cream,

Then she says "I paid for 4 days and only came 2 so you owe me a refund for 2 days."

Um, no...you flaked out and decided not to come, that isn't on me. I'll be sending her term letter today.
Good for you! I've made bold the reasons to terminate. It looks to me like she sent a sick kid to you, expects YOU to be dependable when she is not. I can't believe she asked you to justify using diaper rash cream! GRRRR! Good riddance to her and I would not refund a dime for all of that aggravation! If anything she owes you one more days pay. You were there and had your time reserved to watch her child for the 5 days.
cillybean83 09:51 AM 01-17-2011
my term letter came back to me!! it was marked "returned to sender"

please for the love of god don't let this become a freakin issue, I just settled my OTHER issue!!!

She called and asked if I was open today, I told her I thought we agreed to end this before the 2 weeks is up and she said she wanted to try one more week and see, and that she might not even need me this week but would like to know i'm available just in case...i told her if i allowed her to try one more week "just to see" that her probationary period would be up, and she would owe me $$ for breaching her contract! She said "well this week wouldn't count if i didn't bring him"

oh. my. god....i explained to her "if you don't accept my termination letter (she admitted to returning it!), or if you don't issue ME a termination by the end of this week then it won't MATTER if you used daycare services this week, you will still be out of your probationary period"

it went straight over her head, she was like "but i'm part time, i pay by the day, if i don't use you this week i don't owe you money so if i don't owe you money this week doesn't count"

someone make me a drink....
jen 09:54 AM 01-17-2011
Oh good God! Don't let that woman back in the door! Is she really, really young by any chance?
cillybean83 10:03 AM 01-17-2011
she's about 25 or so, but she is really, really, incredibly, horribly ditzy
AfterSchoolMom 10:05 AM 01-17-2011
If you have her physical address, could you take it to her house and deliver it in person? Have your husband go with you, or someone else to act as a witness? Or send it by return receipt?

Personally, I'd just stop accepting her calls. Does your contract state that you will give written notice within the first two weeks?
Tags:terminate
Reply Up