Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Who Don't Want To Pay Your Rate?
Little Love Bugs 08:12 AM 11-01-2012
So I have a lady who called me and set up an interview to come and meet me. I told her my rates she has a baby who is almost a year which I would charge $160 a week and a 3 year old which I would charge $145 which is about the same with the rates in my area. She tells me she can only afford $200 a week. I am so torn as what to do her hours would also be from 5:30 am to 3pm which my hours are from 7 to 5:30 but I am always willing to help out. I am so torn what to do, do I take them even now they can only pay 200 or wait for something else?????
ABCDaycareMN 08:17 AM 11-01-2012
I would wait. she is trying to see what she can get away with.
shelby 08:17 AM 11-01-2012
I would say that you should just wait it out. you should not go down just because she can't pay you. I have the same problem here... I don't mind helping.. I will even give a multi child discount, first one is full price second one is half price, but sadly you find parents that are not willing to pay it... but yet they are willing to pay top dollar for the news iphone or smart phone... go figure!

I really would wait it out unless you need the money, then maybe work a deal say for a few months then after that time frame it is back to full price.
EchoMom 08:31 AM 11-01-2012
Wait. Definitely wait.
Little Love Bugs 08:39 AM 11-01-2012
I think I will tell her the lowest I will go is 250 which is still a really good rate. I hate how people try and cheap out on daycare and when they go to the store to buy the I phone 5 they are ok with the price
MyAngels 08:43 AM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by Little Love Bugs:
I think I will tell her the lowest I will go is 250 which is still a really good rate. I hate how people try and cheap out on daycare and when they go to the store to buy the I phone 5 they are ok with the price
You will be losing $5720 over the two years until the oldest starts kindergarten. That's a sizeable chunk of change. No way would I give someone that kind of break.
Little Love Bugs 08:44 AM 11-01-2012
that is a lot.....Do you think $250 Is reaonable???
Building Blocks 10:23 AM 11-01-2012
I would not lower your rates.
Reply Up