Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Notice Length
Unregistered 07:21 PM 01-12-2017
I am closing my daycare and giving notice TOMORROW!!! Ahh!
I was planning on a two week notice because I have another job lined up and I thought two weeks was plenty long enough to make my new employer wait. It's not a better job so I can't use the excuse that I'm leaving for some big awesome job I'm looking for childcare just out of my house and not 52 plus hours a week. Ready for my house to be mine again the house has gotten ALOT smaller since the arrival of my son and I need to put him first.
childcaremom 02:41 AM 01-13-2017
If your contract states 2 weeks notice then you're fine I have the same requirement.

I don't think you need to give a reason. Just a generic letter that states that you are closing and when the last day of care is. Maybe include a number to a local referral agency.

Best of luck with your new job!
Play Care 03:16 AM 01-13-2017
First, Congratulations on the new job!

Second, I think two weeks is fine, but does your contract stipulate a longer notice? If you know you will never do in home dc again, then I would keep the 2 week notice and tell parents that "due to unforeseen circumstances, you are closing in two weeks."
I know in other areas that providers who "yo-yo" in and out of in home dc find it harder to find clients the second or third time around, especially if they have the reputation of closing without proper notice...But if you are DONE, then be done
Good Luck!!
Unregistered 06:04 AM 01-13-2017
I reread my policy's and it doesn't say anything about my closing the daycare but it says I could terminate contract and give two week notice of termination of contract for any reason. I don't see why they'd need more than two week besides to have my cheaper rates longer as I found out calling around for opening for them that I'm like half the price of surrounding daycares.

I love my daycare but don't have a "designated room" it's my whole house basically. Which makes it a mess and idk about y'all but I'm not allowed to clean-clean or do paperwork during my business hours, just watch the kids which makes my off hours more work
Reply Up