Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My First Client!
CityGarden 11:06 AM 01-22-2017
I am very excited, last Friday, it appears I secured my first client!!! They live walking distance to me and are very familiar with my approach and philosophy.

They are giving two weeks notice to their current provider and will start with me at that time! They did not say anything bad about their current provider and gave her some compliments but are looking for a preschool setting and less TV time for their son now...

I told dcm I would email her my contract/handbook and for her to review, sign and return it with her deposit - which she said she would walk over this upcoming week!

So now I need to tighten my contract/handbook and supply list. Anything else I need to have in place prior to starting with my first client?
KTsKids 03:57 PM 01-22-2017
That's so exciting!! Congratulations and good luck with your first client!
nothingwithoutjoy 05:06 PM 01-22-2017
Yay! Congratulations!
jenboo 08:00 PM 01-22-2017
Yay!!! I know you have been working on this for a while.
Supply list as in what the kid's need to bring? Or what you need to have ready?
Mike 10:48 PM 01-22-2017
Congrats

I'll probably post tomorrow, new thread of course, but very brief version...
looks like it's almost time for me to start as well
Josiegirl 04:02 AM 01-23-2017
It sounds like you've probably covered things if you've been reading along on the boards getting prepared.

Good for you and Good Luck!! Usually the 1st dcf is the toughest 1 to get, nobody wants to be first.
Good luck to you too Mike!
CityGarden 07:20 AM 01-23-2017
Thanks everyone! I am excited but nervous

Jenboo - I need to create a supply list of what they should bring (how many changes of clothes, diapers/wipes, indoor slippers, etc.). I have worked on many things thanks to all of you here but somehow I completely missed that.

Mike: Congrats! Do post with details. I find once you go from planning / research mode to taking actions even small ones progress seems to come quick.

Thanks so much to this forum I feel more okay with the business side of things. My natural strength is in the work I do with children but this forum has helped with the business side of things. Thanks so much for those of you who have allowed me to PM with questions - I am truly grateful.
jenboo 07:28 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Thanks everyone! I am excited but nervous

Jenboo - I need to create a supply list of what they should bring (how many changes of clothes, diapers/wipes, indoor slippers, etc.). I have worked on many things thanks to all of you here but somehow I completely missed that.

Mike: Congrats! Do post with details. I find once you go from planning / research mode to taking actions even small ones progress seems to come quick.

Thanks so much to this forum I feel more okay with the business side of things. My natural strength is in the work I do with children but this forum has helped with the business side of things. Thanks so much for those of you who have allowed me to PM with questions - I am truly grateful.
I require two complete changes of clothes, including socks. I provide diapers and wipes but if i didn't, i would require minimum of a 30 pack and 2 packages of wipes.

Do you want them to bring sippy cups/ water bottles? Do they need to bring their own bedding? Are you taking infants?
284878 03:30 PM 01-23-2017
This is my complete list

• Blanket and / or toy for nap time over 12 months
• Bottles (3) up to 12 months
• Bug spray*, if needed
• Clothes, complete change plus socks or tights (2 full sets)
• Coat, hat, gloves, boots, snow pants or snowsuit, by Nov 1
• Diaper Rash Cream* or powder, if needed
• Diapers (min for a 1 ½ weeks) or cloth diapers (min for a 1 ½ days)
• Formula, if opted out of what I offer
• Light jacket, by Mar 1
• Pacifier with strap, if needed
• Prepared breast milk bottles must be properly labeled and enough for 1 ½ days
• Proper fitting shoes, NO open toed shoes, Crocs, or flip-flops
• Sippy cup, if needed
• Sunscreen*, if needed
• Tooth brush and paste* for 12 months or once child gets a tooth
• Wet bags for soiled cloth diapers or clothes
• Wipes
*if you agreed to use on the permission slip
Gemma 10:35 AM 01-24-2017