Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Territorial!!!!!!
Micha 04:36 PM 01-13-2017
I am extremely territorial of my classroom the equipment in it just every single thing about it. I absolutely hate someone being in my space much less looking at my stuff borrowing my stuff . You get it. It makes me very angry. I bring so much of my personal items to use plus I enjoy having a place to put just a few personal items. However I have a co worker that will straight up go though my stuff.(Even my lunch)
I made a basket of my things and even put a note on it to please leave it alone. Didn't help. I just took everything back home. Granted the children suffer due to my plans not being as good but I am sick of it! Do I need just to go ahead and hurt her feelings?
Blackcat31 05:00 PM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by Micha:
I am extremely territorial of my classroom the equipment in it just every single thing about it. I absolutely hate someone being in my space much less looking at my stuff borrowing my stuff . You get it. It makes me very angry. I bring so much of my personal items to use plus I enjoy having a place to put just a few personal items. However I have a co worker that will straight up go though my stuff.(Even my lunch)
I made a basket of my things and even put a note on it to please leave it alone. Didn't help. I just took everything back home. Granted the children suffer due to my plans not being as good but I am sick of it! Do I need just to go ahead and hurt her feelings?
I don't think being truthful about your frustrations should equate to hurting her feelings.

Her behavior is unacceptable and telling her is perfectly within your right to do.

How you say it is up to you.

I prefer direct and factual.
If you leave your emotions out of it and don't get personal about it you shouldn't have to be concerned with hurting her feelings or not.

If you are rude and get personal you'll come across as mean.

For me the trick to effective communication at work is dont give or take it personally.
Micha 01:05 AM 01-14-2017
Thanks so much. I am known as direct and factual so you are right I do need to watch my tone due to the fact I have let it go on too long.
It is so hard not to take it personally when my personal items are being pilfered. Lol
Thanks you are correct.
racemom 07:20 AM 01-14-2017
This is why we have a policy at my center that the things in our room are for our room only. We had one teacher that would go in another classroom in the morning before the teacher arrived and take the items she wanted for her class. If we see a toy, or other item we would like for our class, we can request it from the director. We have a common storage area, if something is in there any teacher can take it, but we are not allowed to switch among rooms.
Cat Herder 12:51 PM 01-16-2017
https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Lockin...N%3DB000K3GBGY

Easy solution, link above.

Your own mobile, locked, curriculum storage.
Attached: locked curriculum storage.jpg (106.8 KB) 
Tags:territorial
Reply Up