Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have To Register As A Business?? Help Please!
Unregistered 12:27 PM 01-18-2017
Someone contacted me from an ad I posted and asked if I was a registered business. I started talking to another provider and she said she has a family starting in March that wants to claim daycare costs on their taxes so she said she has to either register as a business or give that family her ssn. Can't she just get an ein from the IRS and give that her families? Do you HAVE to register as a business? I'm in Ohio if that helps.
MarinaVanessa 12:40 PM 01-18-2017
You should be able to apply for an EIN and give that to your clients instead of your SSN. You shouldn't have to formerly register as a business through your city or county but if I remember correctly when applying for an EIN you have a question that asks why you need one so just mark the option for your daycare that fits the best for your situation.
Sumshine 02:04 PM 01-18-2017
I just registered for my EIN 2 weeks ago and that's what I gave to parents. Google Get EIN and it will take you to right page on the IRS website. Tom Copeland had a great article about what exactly to click for us daycare providers!
Blackcat31 02:14 PM 01-18-2017
You can get an EIN here immediately

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...ber-ein-online
TXhomedaycare 12:08 PM 01-19-2017
I needed this information too thanks
Tags:dba, ein
Reply Up