Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting To Know Other Home Daycare Providers In Area...
PeanutsGalore 09:26 AM 05-12-2011
how did you do it? Do you think it's too creepy to simply get in touch and introduce myself?
blueclouds29 09:27 AM 05-12-2011
No, I think it would be a great idea! I would love to get to know the other people who do the same thing i do. We could exchange ideas, good or bad!
MarinaVanessa 09:37 AM 05-12-2011
You can always call your local resource and refferal office and ask if there are any home daycare associations that you can join in your area. I was introduced to the president of one at a training at my local R&R and joined. Our DC association charges to be a member but it was so beneficial to me that I don't mind. I got a chance to meet providers that have been in the business 15+ years, providers that have been it for a few years and providers that are just starting out. Meetings are only bi-monthly here but it gives us an opportunity to get together and talk about issues we may have, get their advice etc. And of course I ALWAYS mention Daycare.com when I'm there lol
morgan24 09:51 AM 05-12-2011
We have a group of 4 and we meet once a month to bang ideas off each other or just to relax. We aren't suppose to talk about money, but it does come up. Right now we are trying to come up with ideas to fill up our daycares. None of us are full.
youretooloud 09:51 AM 05-12-2011
I have three good local dCP friends. Two I've known forever... I can't even remember where we met. The other lives in my neighborhood, and we share daycare families (sorta). Most of our kids come from the same place.

When I hang out with my DCP friends outside of daycare, we don't usually talk much about the kids, we are usually working out, or having drinks.
grandmom 03:15 PM 05-12-2011
Just call them and introduce yourself. I love it when a new provider calls me. And I've become good friends with two providers in the area.
Tags:provider - friends
Reply Up