Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dodged A Bullet This Morning!
wdmmom 09:49 AM 03-12-2012
I was waiting for my last DCK to get dropped off this morning. I heard a knock at the door and DCM was there but no DCB.

DCM said DCB puked in the van just as she turned onto my block.

Glad I dodged that bullet...and that mess!

So I have 1 out sick and 2 leaving early today...SWEET!!! Too bad the other 3 don't leave til 5pm, so I'm still working all day.
Meeko 09:54 AM 03-12-2012
Yep! You lucked out on that one!

Sadly...there are those parents who would have cleaned him up in the car and dumped him off anyway.......then acted all surprised when you called them at work.......
safechner 10:32 AM 03-12-2012
That would be nicer! My daughter is sick today, too. She threw up all night last night. I am keeping one daycare girl today and another one is on vacation.
grandmom 03:01 PM 03-13-2012
I had this happen once. The mom brought the child in to clean him up before she took him home. NOT.

I was new enough I didn't think fast enough to say NO, GO HOME. I cleaned up what she left behind for 30 minutes. It was so nasty. Now I know better. Learn from this mistake friends. Don't let them in.
saved4always 03:12 PM 03-13-2012
My friend who also does childcare in her home also dodged a bullet today. A dcd brought almost 1 yo dcb to her house this morning. Before dcd left, my friend picked up dcb and he felt really warm. Too his temperature and he was 100.4 under his arm and it was still going up when dad stopped. Dad asked if they could just give him some motrin....my friend was like, uh, no...he needs to go home; there are other kids here whose parents would not appreciate if a sick child who mouths and touches everything were with their kids all day. He was lying in her arms like a limp noodle. Luckily, the little guy was not throwing up and did not get farther than the front foyer.
MrsB 03:21 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
My friend who also does childcare in her home also dodged a bullet today. A dcd brought almost 1 yo dcb to her house this morning. Before dcd left, my friend picked up dcb and he felt really warm. Too his temperature and he was 100.4 under his arm and it was still going up when dad stopped. Dad asked if they could just give him some motrin....my friend was like, uh, no...he needs to go home; there are other kids here whose parents would not appreciate if a sick child who mouths and touches everything were with their kids all day. He was lying in her arms like a limp noodle. Luckily, the little guy was not throwing up and did not get farther than the front foyer.

I keep a temporal thermometer on my shelf with the sign in/ sign out clip board and have used it a few times at drop off.

One time a mom made the comment "Everytime I see that thermometer sitting there, it gives me flash backs to my grandma threatening us with a wooden spoon and laying it on our nightstand at nap time."

Hahah follow the rules, or you will get the thermometer!
saved4always 03:24 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:

I keep a temporal thermometer on my shelf with the sign in/ sign out clip board and have used it a few times at drop off.

One time a mom made the comment "Everytime I see that thermometer sitting there, it gives me flash backs to my grandma threatening us with a wooden spoon and laying it on our nightstand at nap time."

Hahah follow the rules, or you will get the thermometer!
That is toooo funny!!!!
Tags:sickness, vomit
Reply Up