Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Never Got Asked That Before. . .
momofboys 12:58 PM 09-10-2010
At pick-up the one SA girl I watch has been complaining about not wanting to leave. She barely gets off the bus & within 15 min mom is here to pick-up. I'm not complaining, I like this family's early pick-up arrangement, plus I have their kids at 6:45 almost everyday so I'm ready for them to be gone by 4:00 pm. Today when mom picked up & SA complained the mom asked if she could stay for a while to play with my sons (like a playdate). I just sort of mumbled something about having to get dinner ready & we needed to grocery shop tonight. I was not sure how to respond. I had just watched her toddler for 9 hrs & the last thing I wanted was another child in my home for 2 more hours. What would you have said?
ninosqueridos 01:02 PM 09-10-2010
I would have said exactly what you mumbled. I know I need MY time with MY family.
missnikki 01:40 PM 09-10-2010
I might've said something like "I think that we are all played out right now and need to get going on our family stuff. Maybe on a minimum day they'll get a chance to hang out." (Some sort of non-committal future possibility mumble.) It would have caught me off-guard too.
momofboys 02:21 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I might've said something like "I think that we are all played out right now and need to get going on our family stuff. Maybe on a minimum day they'll get a chance to hang out." (Some sort of non-committal future possibility mumble.) It would have caught me off-guard too.
The funny thing is they do get to play. They are here almost 2 hrs before they have to go to school so there is plenty of playtime just no after school playing. My husband said I should have said my one son was welcome to play at her home but we had too much going on to do a playdate now.
missnikki 03:53 PM 09-10-2010
In that case, I might have been a little more annoyed- and said something like "No, but you're welcome to watch mine all day long and then some!" I wish...sometimes it's hard to be professional when they treat you like you're the big sister instead of the DC provider.
Unregistered 04:49 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
The funny thing is they do get to play. They are here almost 2 hrs before they have to go to school so there is plenty of playtime just no after school playing. My husband said I should have said my one son was welcome to play at her home but we had too much going on to do a playdate now.
I would have said what you did but I loooooove your husband's response!
Tags:pick up time, pickup
Reply Up