Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And the Craziness Continues!
erinalexmom 06:37 AM 08-19-2011
Yesterday, I posted about how I wanted to term some school agers. Today I want to term 3 out of 4 families! lol Ok I had 2 different families that needed me at 5am. Well, I get up and going and I get a text from one dad who says the truck wont start so he isnt going to work so the kids wont be here. I was ok with it cause he has the rowdy boys and I am ok with not dealing with them at 5am lol (however, he didnt tell me until after 5am, after I am already up and going then I look for my other 5am family and she doesnt come,call, or text. Then I look for her at 6 because I thought maybe she was going in late today. Oh no, she just wasn't going to bring her girls at all! and "spaced" (in her words) letting me know. So ok now Ive gotten up at 5am for people who dont need me and one wasnt even nice enough to call. Then at 630 I am looking for another kid whos mom has to be at work at 7am. Well, 630 comes and goes, I text at 7am and she says that DCB will be here at 815! Now, I will say I am somewhat forgiving to this mom because her lifelong friend died in a tragic car accident on Tuesday and today is the funeral. I can see that her mind is not in the right place.
So basically ONE family did what they were supposed to! GGGRRR!!!!

Oh AND the no call, no text,5 am mom shorted me by 55dollars on my check too! I didnt look and then she texts me oh i forgot part of the fee i'll get it to you. Oh yeah right! We'll see what happens. The dad is awsome and he ALWAYS does what I ask (divorced family) but I feel bad for the dad because his kids might get termed due to mom
wdmmom 06:50 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by erinalexmom:
Yesterday, I posted about how I wanted to term some school agers. Today I want to term 3 out of 4 families! lol Ok I had 2 different families that needed me at 5am. Well, I get up and going and I get a text from one dad who says the truck wont start so he isnt going to work so the kids wont be here. I was ok with it cause he has the rowdy boys and I am ok with not dealing with them at 5am lol (however, he didnt tell me until after 5am, after I am already up and going then I look for my other 5am family and she doesnt come,call, or text. Then I look for her at 6 because I thought maybe she was going in late today. Oh no, she just wasn't going to bring her girls at all! and "spaced" (in her words) letting me know. So ok now Ive gotten up at 5am for people who dont need me and one wasnt even nice enough to call. Then at 630 I am looking for another kid whos mom has to be at work at 7am. Well, 630 comes and goes, I text at 7am and she says that DCB will be here at 815! Now, I will say I am somewhat forgiving to this mom because her lifelong friend died in a tragic car accident on Tuesday and today is the funeral. I can see that her mind is not in the right place.
So basically ONE family did what they were supposed to! GGGRRR!!!!
Oh AND the no call, no text,5 am mom shorted me by 55dollars on my check too! I didnt look and then she texts me oh i forgot part of the fee i'll get it to you. Oh yeah right! We'll see what happens. The dad is awsome and he ALWAYS does what I ask (divorced family) but I feel bad for the dad because his kids might get termed due to mom
I'd be madder than a hornet if I got up at 5am and waited around for 3 hours! That's when I'd probably wait til 4:55am on Monday when they are just 3 short blocks from your house and tell them you are taking Monday off as a sick day.

I'd tell DCM that shorted you that to avoid the late fee, the remainder better be in before closing time. (I charge late fees on Saturdays and Sundays so my parents are never late! )

And, as for these rowdy boys, I suggest you put them back to bed right when they get there. I used to have a girl come in at 615am and she'd go back to bed every morning until 745am. She'd get up, have breakfast, go about our daily activities, have lunch, take nap and go home. It worked great!
sharlan 06:54 AM 08-19-2011
I feel for you.

I woke up at 5 to a neighbor's dog barking and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been cleaning house ever since.
erinalexmom 07:08 AM 08-19-2011
yeah on the bright side I do have a really clean house today cause i cleaned while I waited Out of the 4 families I have 1 showed up at 750am as always and was just her wonderful usual mommy self They ALWAYS treat me with kindness and care. Just wish the other 3 families could learn the same (like I said I do understand the friends death mom cause that would be awful, but I hope that was just a fluke thing, she is new this week so we'll see) Ive even made breakfast to send to work with the "good mom" one day just a reward for not being a flake
I will have to look over my contract again and some policies will be going in there over the weekend I can tell you that!
erinalexmom 07:14 AM 08-19-2011
So basically here is my families:

1) supposed to be here at 5am texted AT 5am (which they shouldve let me know earlier) that they werent coming

2) supposed to be here at 5am no call, no text, nothing. Then shows up at 8am with my check which is 55 dollars short!

3) supposed to be here at 630 am at 7am I text mom she tells me dcb will be here at 815

4) showed up on time with a smile and respect and my $ is in my account

Im telling ya! This is the kind of day that makes me re-think my career choice!
MARSTELAC 07:32 AM 08-20-2011
I had one of those days as well (not as bad as yours though!!!) So happy today is Saturday and I don't have to deal with it. I am also rethinking this career (which is tough at my age!). Have a wonderful, care-free weekend.
CheekyChick 07:42 AM 08-20-2011
You poor thing.

I hope next week is better for you.
Koukla 03:18 PM 08-20-2011
I am so sorry u had to go through all of this. I had a family last year that didn't understand that if they didnt bring their child in one day that I was still to get paid. I told them it was in the contract and that they can look it up there and see it. It helps them understand a little more when you remind them that that you are not a baby sitter and that you are running a daycare center and you count on their paying you for you to be able to pay all your bills. When i stated this to the parent they told me they were sorry and didnt think of it like that. It never happened again.
Tags:school-age, school-age - overload, terminate
Reply Up