Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>I Just Found A Job Posted Online I Called, And The Lady Is Like We Are Not Hiring
TGPII 02:16 PM 04-11-2012
I just found a job posted online I called, and the lady is like we are not hiring I am like I am looking at the ad right now dated today! She like um then they must just put it up.

I have a job interview every day this week.

Monday was for assistant teacher but they said they would make me teacher. For the pay and the distance I would loose money.

Tuesday I had an interview for teacher. In the email they said it would be tour but it was an interview. They ask for my teaching certificate. For the salary it is worth the drive. I said I don't have one but meet the stand standards for the job.
While driving home a place called me to offer a job. The place interview me 3 weeks ago. Takes you that long to make a decision? I might take the job but it is VERY LOW pay. I told them I could start next week. I can't start this week cause I have interviews

Wednesday/today I had an interview at a park district for day camp director. Kind of far drive but I have a place closer I could stay.

Thursday I have an interview for site director at a non profit social services group

Friday I have an interview for preschool teacher in the morning and in the after noon the place that hired me wants me to come in for paper work.

Except for the place that hired me the interviews go well and I get the line we have others to interview. Any thoughts on any of this?
snbauser 05:11 PM 04-11-2012
No suggestions but wanted to say I wish I could at least get someone to show up for my interviews. I am trying to hire someone and have scheduled interviews with numerous (meaning more than 5 or 6) people over the last 2 weeks and not a single one showed up. It's gotten to the point that I schedule the interviews but do not rearrange my schedule to be available at that time. If they show I will hand off what I am doing to another teacher. Otherwise I just keep going about my day.
TGPII 05:57 PM 04-11-2012
You near Chicago?
snbauser 06:53 PM 04-11-2012
Nope North Carolina.
TGPII 06:57 PM 04-11-2012
I find a job on cragslist. I call the number. The person answers the phone. I ask about job they say we are not hiring. I said 'I am looking at the ad dated today.' She like oh they must just put it back up. I said I just emailed your resume. Are employers really this unorganized?
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Nope North Carolina.

MarinaVanessa 06:57 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by tgpii@yahoo.com:
I find a job on cragslist. I call the number. The person answers the phone. I ask about job they say we are not hiring. I said 'I am looking at the ad dated today.' She like oh they must just put it back up. I said I just emailed your resume. Are employers really this unorganized?
Maybe the person that answered the phone is being replaced and her employers don't want her to know about it yet so she's the only one that doesn't know about it

On the serious note, if the person answering the phone is only a receptionist then she'll be the last one to find anything out. I used to work as a receptionist and I HATED when this happened. My supervisor would tell me that we were not hiring and to tell people that we were not hiring and then when they'd decide to hire I'd be the last one to know ... it made me and the company sound so stupid .
TGPII 07:03 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Maybe the person that answered the phone is being replaced and her employers don't want her to know about it yet so she's the only one that doesn't know about it

On the serious note, if the person answering the phone is only a receptionist then she'll be the last one to find anything out. I used to work as a receptionist and I HATED when this happened. My supervisor would tell me that we were not hiring and to tell people that we were not hiring and then when they'd decide to hire I'd be the last one to know ... it made me and the company sound so stupid .
Most smaller daycares don't have receptionists!
TGPII 07:11 AM 04-12-2012
No suggestions but wanted to say I wish I could at least get someone to show up for my interviews. I am trying to hire someone and have scheduled interviews with numerous (meaning more than 5 or 6) people over the last 2 weeks and not a single one showed up. It's gotten to the point that I schedule the interviews but do not rearrange my schedule to be available at that time. If they show I will hand off what I am doing to another teacher. Otherwise I just keep going about my day.
I cancelled an interview once. I did the math and for the number of hours, pay, distance, gas, etc I would LOSE money.
snbauser 07:34 AM 04-12-2012
I cancelled an interview once. I did the math and for the number of hours, pay, distance, gas, etc I would LOSE money.
Yes but cancelling and not showing up are two totally different things. I would be fine if they cancelled but when they don't show up, they better not send me a resume in the future because I won't even respond them.
TGPII 07:40 AM 04-12-2012
Yes but cancelling and not showing up are two totally different things. I would be fine if they cancelled but when they don't show up, they better not send me a resume in the future because I won't even respond them.
I have shown up for interviews and the place was like what you doing hear. They were not planned at all. Also I hate interviews they say they will let you know next week and you never hear anything. One place said they let me know at end of week. Three weeks latter they called to offer me the job.
MarinaVanessa 09:23 AM 04-12-2012
Most smaller daycares don't have receptionists!
Which I think would make things even worse. Receptionist are supposed to know general information but in reality they don't really know anything past the front desk. Their job is to transfer calls and take messages. In the situation for DC centers that don't have a receptionist then you're talking about a bunch of different child care providers answering the phone. More than likely only the Director or owner will know when they are hiring and sometimes you miss or forget to tell one or some staff that you are now looking for another staff member.

In the situation of there only being one main owner (like in FCC) and just one or two staff then the owner doesn't always tell the other staff members when she starts looking for another staff member because she's always there. Maybe she assumes that the staff will just call her to the phone if someone called about the job?? Or ... like I said before, maybe someone is getting replaced and doesn't know it yet but just so happened to answer the phone .

I would have just asked to talk to the owner or director of the daycare.
TGPII 11:12 AM 04-18-2012
I hear you. I agree.
Reply Up