Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Puppy....grrrrrrr
AnythingsPossible 06:04 AM 02-11-2011
My puppy is almost a year old and has decided it is her mission to chew the hands off of all my little people toys...
I keep finding them out in the garage or out in the yard. She has never chewed up anything before!
Guess I will have to start putting her downstairs while the kids are playing as she sneaks off with the toys.
If I don't do something, she will eliminate my supply quite quickly. Guess I need to hit ebay for replenishment's!
DCMomOf3 06:06 AM 02-11-2011
is she teething? I would try to keep her away from your toys until she stops, that can add up.
mickey2 06:07 AM 02-11-2011
Does doggie have a good variety of her own chew toys? Maybe boredom?
AnythingsPossible 06:13 AM 02-11-2011
She has her own, but apparently prefers the kids stuff! I'm certainly no dog expert, but sometimes I think they chew on the people stuff because it smells like people. New chew toys smell like plastic, kids toys smell like kids.
I will definitely be separating her during play time and make sure HER toys are with her.
Would it be wrong to buy dog toys and give them to the dck's to play with for a week or so before giving them to the dog Kidding of course!
laundrymom 09:27 AM 02-11-2011
I buy kid toys for mine. =-)

Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
She has her own, but apparently prefers the kids stuff! I'm certainly no dog expert, but sometimes I think they chew on the people stuff because it smells like people. New chew toys smell like plastic, kids toys smell like kids.
I will definitely be separating her during play time and make sure HER toys are with her.
Would it be wrong to buy dog toys and give them to the dck's to play with for a week or so before giving them to the dog Kidding of course!

E Daycare 10:38 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
My puppy is almost a year old and has decided it is her mission to chew the hands off of all my little people toys...
I keep finding them out in the garage or out in the yard. She has never chewed up anything before!
Guess I will have to start putting her downstairs while the kids are playing as she sneaks off with the toys.
If I don't do something, she will eliminate my supply quite quickly. Guess I need to hit ebay for replenishment's!
Her and my dcg would get a long great! They can chew on the blinds and my table legs together. lol

Everyone (animals included) love these little people. My 2yr old niece calls them her "guys" and has to tuck them in with her every night.
Stacy214 11:00 AM 02-11-2011
Haha, mine did the same thing! Not only the little people but any "people" she could find! And just the hands....wonder what the message was there. I bought new ones and waited till the puppy stage was over and now she is content with the dog chews or greenies
Tags:dog advice
Reply Up