Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My New Website-Please Critique'
Heidi 12:30 PM 11-08-2011
Please take a look! Mel-I borrowed Albert Einstein's quote from yours. It fits my philosophy so well. I hope that's ok and thank yoU!

I'll still be tweaking a few things, but please feel free to critique', good or bad!
mismatchedsocks 12:37 PM 11-08-2011
I graduated from NWTC with associates in early childhood. its a nice program there!

Cute website. I like the little reminders of closing on the side. Very thorough website!
daycare 12:44 PM 11-08-2011
I love it...the only thing I noticed is that you posted a calendar, but then its blank.... I would either fill it out or take it down....

otherwise its super cute and explains well
CheekyChick 01:02 PM 11-08-2011
Very nice. I loved seeing pictures of your cute little ones.
wdmmom 01:22 PM 11-08-2011
I would leave out that you took 10 years off, I would take out that the rules have changed. I would leave the part out about the hopeful achievements of graduating the program. I wouldn't state that conferences are scheduled every January. I would state that parent/provider conferences are available and must be scheduled in advance. And, lastly, I would NEVER disclose my physical address! I only disclose a general proximity unless an interview is scheduled.
wdmmom 01:23 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I would leave out that you took 10 years off, I would take out that the rules have changed. I would leave the part out about the hopeful achievements of graduating the program. I wouldn't state that conferences are scheduled every January. I would state that parent/provider conferences are available and must be scheduled in advance. And, lastly, I would NEVER disclose my physical address! I only disclose a general proximity unless an interview is scheduled.
Otherwise...very cute and user friendly!
Michael 01:23 PM 11-08-2011
A couple things you shoudl consider.

The links in the header are bunched up and looked confusing until you realize there are two lines of links. Maybe just go with one line and use the extra links in other pages or use the footer.

The text on the home page looks bold. Try using a bigger font instead.

I would also purchase KinderhausFamilyChildcare.com and point the name to this page. You can also use URL forward and frame it. That way visitors can use KinderhausFamilyChildcare.com to view your website and you can advertise an address that you own.
joy 01:38 PM 11-08-2011
Great job! You have some grammatical errors, you may want to have someone proof it. When you publicize yourself on the internet, as an educator, it is important that you use the best grammar and choose words carefully. I love the various sections you have. You may want to focus on the curriculum which is not the same as the philosophy. I am happy to assist you more if you would like.
Sprouts 01:57 PM 11-08-2011
Very cute and organized,

just some ideas....need more pictures of just the space and less of the children individually...or perhaps a phote of children doing group activities together...
Heidi 02:54 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
A couple things you shoudl consider.

The links in the header are bunched up and looked confusing until you realize there are two lines of links. Maybe just go with one line and use the extra links in other pages or use the footer.

The text on the home page looks bold. Try using a bigger font instead.

I would also purchase KinderhausFamilyChildcare.com and point the name to this page. You can also use URL forward and frame it. That way visitors can use KinderhausFamilyChildcare.com to view your website and you can advertise an address that you own.
I cant really afford to purchase anything right now. This is a free website from google, so some options are limited. I will work on the fonts. Thanks for the insight!
Heidi 02:55 PM 11-08-2011
thanks, all!

I will take your advice, and work tweak a few more things!
Michael 11:26 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
I cant really afford to purchase anything right now. This is a free website from google, so some options are limited. I will work on the fonts. Thanks for the insight!
I'm not going to let you off that easily. Check out
In a year if you are still doing daycare I can push the name over to you or even sooner if you want. It only cost me $8 to buy it for the year. You should start promoting
melskids 02:57 AM 11-09-2011
http://kinderhausfamilychildcare.webs.com/

Please take a look! Mel-I borrowed Albert Einstein's quote from yours. It fits my philosophy so well. I hope that's ok and thank yoU!

I'll still be tweaking a few things, but please feel free to critique', good or bad!
hey~no prob! its albert's quote, not mine...lol

And i LOVE the decor in your home!
Heidi 05:49 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm not going to let you off that easily. Check out

In a year if you are still doing daycare I can push the name over to you or even sooner if you want. It only cost me $8 to buy it for the year. You should start promoting KinderhausFamilyChildcare.com
?????????

Michael!

THat is really wonderful! But, I will pay $8 per year! I imagined it would be a lot more than that!

Tell me what you need from me, and how to administrate the site, please!
AnythingsPossible 06:21 AM 11-09-2011
I think your website looks nice. Some of the above suggested changes would be great though. Like the links at the top that Michael suggested changing.

Looking at your daily schedule, what kind of table activities do you do with your kiddos? I am looking for new ideas. I have 1 year to 3 years.
Heidi 06:58 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
I think your website looks nice. Some of the above suggested changes would be great though. Like the links at the top that Michael suggested changing.

Looking at your daily schedule, what kind of table activities do you do with your kiddos? I am looking for new ideas. I have 1 year to 3 years.
In the morning before breakfast, it's usually crayons, colored pencils, and paper. It's basically a way to contain the 15mo twins I have and curb the chaos until breakfast. It helps keep my husband sane before he has to leave for work!

Other things we have done so far is sensory stuff (I can't leave it out with this group, so I do smaller bins and bring them to the table). Playdough, cooking, puzzles, or playing a game with the older ones while the younger ones watch (I usually give them a toy then, but they throw them on the floor most of the time).
Michael 12:11 PM 11-09-2011
?????????

Michael!

THat is really wonderful! But, I will pay $8 per year! I imagined it would be a lot more than that!

Tell me what you need from me, and how to administrate the site, please!
The domain name is YOUR brand and property in the virtual world. Once you purchase your brand/property you can do many things with it. I just "framed" your free website. You can direct your domain name to show whatever you choose.

When you change the information on your free website at webs.com it be visable at your domain name. There is a lot more information on this at: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323

This must sound complicated but its very simple. Think of a domain name as a plot of land that you purchase ($8 a year is pretty cheap). You can make it into a parking lot, you can build a home on it or build a business on it, you can lease it or rent it or you can sit on it and wait for it to mature. I have done all of the above.
Tags:website - how to, website review
Reply Up