Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>He's Throwing Up...We'll Be There Soon......
Meeko 12:14 PM 12-03-2012
Only ten minutes until KG starts....

Newish DCM calls me a few minutes ago. I answered the phone and said "Oh I guess you're taking DCB to KG today? We'll just pick him up then?"

Her answer?

"No, he's throwing up and has awful diarrhea. So he won't be going to school today. We'll be over in a few minutes. Just keep him quiet. My roomate will pick him up tonight."

I guess she didn't listen to a word at interview or read one sentence of the contract she signed.

I told her I couldn't watch him and she acted so surprised! She was good about it, but really??????!!!!!!!

Even if it WASN'T in the contract, what kind of person would take a child to somebody else's home when they were throwing up and had terrible diarrhea???!!!

I have a feeling this DCM could be trouble down the road. She's very young (had DCB at 15) She has several people on her pick up list. One of them picked him up the other night and told DCB that he was going to have dinner at her house and Mom would be over to pick him up in an hour or two.

The next morning she returned him to me and told me his mother never showed up at her house to pick him up. She had called them right before they were ready to call police and told them he would have to stay overnight and could they take him to daycare in the morning? The DCM called me just as this poor lady was explaining it to me and told me the roomate would be picking up that night. I know it's not work......so goodness knows what she's up too!

I will be terming if she's flaky with me. So far...no payment issues. The state pays some, but she has a co-pay and has been good about it the past couple months since she signed up.

Watching her closely!
youretooloud 12:19 PM 12-03-2012
Aww... poor kid! As long as she pays me, and the child is always picked up in time, I'd keep him forever so he had some stability.
Willow 12:25 PM 12-03-2012

Meeko 12:31 PM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Aww... poor kid! As long as she pays me, and the child is always picked up in time, I'd keep him forever so he had some stability.
He's a great kid, so I will be keeping him unless she starts payment problems etc. You are so right about him needing stability.
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 12-03-2012

daycare 01:27 PM 12-03-2012
OMG poor kid...that is just so sad. I could never imagie being that kid and mommy not coming to get me....Please hug that poor child for me....

So happy DCK has you, I am sure you are the only stable person in his life that is consistent......
daycarediva 03:27 PM 12-03-2012
THIS!

I had my oldest at 16. NO EXCUSES about this level of stupidity AT ALL!
kitykids3 08:35 PM 12-03-2012
Feel the same way! You are probably the ONLY stable thing he has with how flaky mom sounds. Wonder where dad is.
Kaddidle Care 04:29 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
THIS!

I had my oldest at 16. NO EXCUSES about this level of stupidity AT ALL!
Hate to say it but you are the exception to the rule these days. Most 16 year olds have the maturity level of a 12 year old.

"throwing up and has awful diarrhea" I sure hope he's totally over it before he comes to your house. Thank goodness she has a lot of people on her pick up list. You may find that list may dwindle if she keeps up her shenanigans.
Scout 04:36 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Where do you get these cute smilies? I love them!
Scout 04:37 AM 12-04-2012
sigh....
Kaddidle Care 04:55 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
Right click the smilies and look at the properties.
countrymom 05:38 AM 12-04-2012
this, and I have done it too. Poor kid. I do want to mention that you should keep notes of this, just incase. Esp. if you start to suspect something and have to call cps.
Mom&Provider 09:07 AM 12-04-2012
Good for your for keeping him...I'd be hesitant to do so, obviously there will be more issues in the future.

This child will clearly need stability from someone since his Mom isn't the one capable of doing that.
Blackcat31 09:29 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
Cute aren't they?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php
Reply Up