Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part time daycare kids!
Unregistered 08:39 AM 09-21-2009
I have two part time kids in my care! I have a 2 year old boy who comes 3 days a week and when he is not at daycare he is with Mom and a 13 year old sister! Gma picks him up from my house and he spends lots of time with her as well! Completely spoiled and complete one on one attention is how I see it! I don't know what to do because he cries and cries and cries! He is fine once mom and whoever leave to drop him off, but they never see him having fun here! He really does though! He does want to go home at pick up time, which most kids I have never want to leave! So the parents see him crying at drop off and him waiting at my gate for them to get here! Doesn't look good! He does have a blast here and I need to be able to somehow show them this! Any advice!! Also he is extremely tired all the time I can barely keep him awake at lunch!!
Child number two is a 2 year old little girl! Comes 2 days a week! Cries for mom all day! Has NO ABILITY to entertain herself! It is driving me crazy! I really don't know what to do with her! It is starting to upset the rest of the kids in my care, having to listen to her cry the majority of the day! Also she is extremely tired and I can hardly keep her awake!!
Any advice??!?!?!?!
Unregistered 04:19 PM 09-21-2009
If you have a release to take photos of the children, take some pictures of them playing during the day to share with the families. Make sure you have permission to photograph.

Can you nap them earlier in the day? They might be more cheerful if they get the rest they are needing.
Reply Up